The Student Room Group

My firm still haven't made a decision :(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TraKKtion
My firm offer is still "conditional", eventhough i have met the offer of 280 points from 3 a-levels and 2 AS's. I have been calling them up everyday and they keep telling me it will get updated that day but it never does.

They are now closed for the weekend so if they decide not to accept me i'm screwed as all the clearing places will of gone.

I was rejected by my insurance so this is my last ray of hope :frown:

Please help me guys, Is there anything i can do?

I was exactly the same with my uni, i had a conditional offer and when i found out my grades early (as i was on an access course) i thought that it would be updated straight away, it didnt and was a few weeks. but i had met the requirements and had to be patient!

Honestly dont worry, i just thought as many others here are saying, if they did reject you, you must then turn around to them and kick up a fuss saying well you did meet their requirements and they have to accept you, that is what a conditional offer is for, on the condition that you met the grades the want.

So well done, you are off to uni :smile:
Reply 21
Highest qualification would be A Levels as long as you haven't completed a year at another uni or something (which I assume you haven't.) They have to take you as they didn't specify that the 280 points had to come from 3 A Levels. Unis can take longer when the offer isn't met in a straightforward way (eg. AS's to count as well, A*'s etc.)
Reply 22
Original post by Kim-x
Highest qualification would be A Levels as long as you haven't completed a year at another uni or something (which I assume you haven't.) They have to take you as they didn't specify that the 280 points had to come from 3 A Levels. Unis can take longer when the offer isn't met in a straightforward way (eg. AS's to count as well, A*'s etc.)

Okay, so do i just email them back saying A-levels?

Surely they can see what qualifications i have on UCAS...
Reply 23
Original post by ~carly~
I was exactly the same with my uni, i had a conditional offer and when i found out my grades early (as i was on an access course) i thought that it would be updated straight away, it didnt and was a few weeks. but i had met the requirements and had to be patient!

Honestly dont worry, i just thought as many others here are saying, if they did reject you, you must then turn around to them and kick up a fuss saying well you did meet their requirements and they have to accept you, that is what a conditional offer is for, on the condition that you met the grades the want.

So well done, you are off to uni :smile:

Okay, thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 24

I would.

You would think so but I was asked that question during my face to face enrolment, and in about April (while I was in first year) they emailed me with a list of the qualifications they had on record, asking if I had any more tariff points as their ranking was dropping! Obviously they were hoping to increase it by having a higher average entry tariff score than they have at the moment.

It might be that UCAS didn't send your results on correctly because they couldn't be tied to you, for whatever reason. When you email back, also include what A-levels you have and the grades you got + your AS levels. That may help speed the process up.
Reply 26
Original post by F1 fanatic
It might be that UCAS didn't send your results on correctly because they couldn't be tied to you, for whatever reason. When you email back, also include what A-levels you have and the grades you got + your AS levels. That may help speed the process up.

They rejected me on track today :frown:

I have the met the entry requirment so what should i do? Call the uni or UCAS?

:frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 27
Someone please help :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
Bump
Reply 29
I would suggest you ring the university but it's a bit late at night for that! Send them an email explaining that you believe you have met their requirements (it's up to them to say why they think you haven't) and ask why they haven't accepted you. Don't get tantrum-y because you'll annoy them. Send another email to your college/sixth form, or copy them into the first one, then in the morning (9ish so they have time to read it but not too late) ring the head of your department - you can usually find the number on the webpage of your course or similar - and ask them why they haven't taken you. Good luck!

They rejected me on track today :frown:

I have the met the entry requirment so what should i do? Call the uni or UCAS?

:frown:

Call the uni first to find out why they have rejected you.
Reply 31
Original post by F1 fanatic
Call the uni first to find out why they have rejected you.

Called them up and they asked for my grades again, wtf?

They said I have got 280 points so they will look at my application again and call me or update Track.

Bunch of idiots :mad:
Reply 32
I've got in! :biggrin:

They just called me and said they forgot to add the AS's...

So Happy!
Reply 33
Yay! Was about to reply and try to help! Congratulations :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by ffffreya
Yay! Was about to reply and try to help! Congratulations :smile:

Thanks! :biggrin:

Thanks! :biggrin:

Congrats, glad you got it sorted!
Reply 36