Turn on thread page Beta

Unequal income distribution, a market failure? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Agreement of conditions-t
    when i say enough is enough, it usually means enough is, surprisingly, enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    <tumbleweed>

Great minds eh Paw!

its Pav

ReputationRep:
    Just in case you see this one first......

Linda (plus the other IB'ers) :

The IB syllabus doesn't say that inequality is a market failure per se, merely that inequality of income and weath is a possible cause of market failure. It all boils down as to the goals of individual governements really and you are free to argue that income equality is a 'good' thing as you long as you discuss both sides of the 'case'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    We take saving to be an economic bad over here, we don't even dispute if it's good or not. I find it wierd that people defend or even talk about the economic plus points of saving.
    Thats cus you are in a recession. If you have problems with inflation savings can be quite a plus as it decrease aggregate demand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Thats cus you are in a recession. If you have problems with inflation savings can be quite a plus as it decrease aggregate demand.
    If there's a serious infaltion no one would keep their money in the bank, so it wouldn't help you much in practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    If there's a serious infaltion no one would keep their money in the bank, so it wouldn't help you much in practice.
    Well, I did not mean an extreme inflation such as teh on ein germany in the mid 40ies. I was just saying that the government may increase the interest rate in order to decrease aggregate demand.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.