The Student Room Group

Chester University Accommodation

I'm going to Chester uni this September but i still havent heard what accommodation i will be in - does anybody know when you get to know? Also, how hard is it for friends/family to stay in your student accommodation with you? thanks :smile:
Reply 1
If you're firmed they will be in touch and let you know. Its been less than a week since results came out and right now the offices are currently trying to house an entire years worth of students, so I'm going to guess it's going to be about another week (though don't forget Bank Holiday means no post). As for people staying over-I went private with my accomodation but from what I understand its simply a case of letting them in your house-I don't think you need to sign anyone in or anything, you just have to find the space for them to sleep. hope this helps!
Reply 2
thanks
Reply 3
I'm also waiting to hear about my accomodation but understand it's a busy job, glad i'm not the only one :P Outta curiosity what course are you doing Demi and what campus are you at? :smile:
Reply 4
Gawd they're taking forever, its been over a week since A-Level results were released.

Edghill freshers found out the day the results came out.

Taking the pee TBH.
Reply 5
Too right. When the packs arrice, be sure to let us know where you're staying though :smile:
Reply 6
Check your junk mail my offer for accommodation was in there!!
Reply 7
I didn't get into uni halls :frown: Gotta go private... Quite gutted tbh.
Hey :smile: ive applied for accomadation for my first year at uni, but because i live too near theyve declined it, anyone know any good private halls 2 look at? preferably freshers?
Reply 9
i got denied accommodation too, and the only private (halls) i could find was at abbeygate, but its too expensive for me :frown:
Reply 10
I believe the only private halls are Abbeygate as Kevdon mentioned, would people like me to wander up the road tomorrow and get the local letting agencies numbers and websites for you guys?
Reply 11
There's a private accomodation list on the chester uni website: http://www.chester.ac.uk/sites/files/chester/PS%201112_6.pdf
there's one for Warrington as well. I don't know how reliable it is, I'm still waiting for an accommodation offer but looking for private just in case as chester was my insurance :biggrin:
Reply 12
There is currently a room in my house available which our landlady has posted in our window as being £70 a week. If anyone wants details, just send me a message on here.
theres loads of private rooms n stuff on www.netrent.co.uk or www.abbeyrentals.co.uk
Reply 14
I got declined uni accomdation too, I was really gutted too. I'm going to the house hunting day this saturday, is anyone else going? Does anyone know any good private accommodation for first years?
Im goin the house hunting day =)
If anyone is still suck..i have a double room available for a female. I am a second year student studying journalism and photography.
Who else is going to the house hunting day tomorrow?
Room Available at 80 Hoole Road - £105 a week from April 2014 onwards. All bills included, double bed, en suite, sink area and fridge in room. Also desk space with desk chair as well as free, unlimited use of wifi. Message me if you are interested. Walking distance away from Chester campus.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending