The Student Room Group

worth going to Buckingham Uni?

recently got my a level results and found out i didnt do as well as i though, got CCD and wanted to study history, but didnt get into my firm or insurance.

rung up the University of Buckingham today and they offered me a place. its quite a strange uni though as the fees are higher and you have less holidays, meaning you get a degree in 2 years if you can handle it. money is not the issue, but just wondering if anyone has been there and what its like? it is quite highly ranked on the uni scale and with my grades would be quite diificult to get into a uni as good as this.
whats the actual uni like?
accomadation?
social/nightlife? i understand there are only like 800 students.

also, the problem is they want a reply in 48 hours and im on the waiting list for around 10 other unis, but they may take up to 2 weeks to reply and got another offer from trinity st david.

need some advice on what to do, should i go to buckingham, or wait for the other unis to respond, there is always a chance one of them could say yes???

thanks
Reply 1
Original post by uni123456
recently got my a level results and found out i didnt do as well as i though, got CCD and wanted to study history, but didnt get into my firm or insurance.

rung up the University of Buckingham today and they offered me a place. its quite a strange uni though as the fees are higher and you have less holidays, meaning you get a degree in 2 years if you can handle it. money is not the issue, but just wondering if anyone has been there and what its like? it is quite highly ranked on the uni scale and with my grades would be quite diificult to get into a uni as good as this.
whats the actual uni like?
accomadation?
social/nightlife? i understand there are only like 800 students.

also, the problem is they want a reply in 48 hours and im on the waiting list for around 10 other unis, but they may take up to 2 weeks to reply and got another offer from trinity st david.

need some advice on what to do, should i go to buckingham, or wait for the other unis to respond, there is always a chance one of them could say yes???

thanks
Buckingham seems to have pretty high levels of student satisfaction, so they must be doing something right.

If I were you I'd ring round your other pending choices, see what sort of response you get, and go with your instincts thereafter (assuming you've already done all the stuff about checking out the uni and course websites etc).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending