Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    With all due respect people listen up. I have a feeling something "fishy" - qoutes my friend - in our school. Can someone in the UK (preferably England) tell me how much they are paying for their exams please? Since different exam boards require different fees I'll just say which exams...
    GCSE's
    From Edexcel: English, English Lit, Double Award Science, History and DT resistant materials.
    From AQA: Drama, Modern Languages (French) and DT resistant materials.
    A-Levels
    From Edexcel (Mathematics): Pure1, Pure 2 and Statistics 1.
    Can you please give the answer in british pound.
    Thank you,
    Have a nice day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blush Babe)
    With all due respect people listen up. I have a feeling something "fishy" - qoutes my friend - in our school. Can someone in the UK (preferably England) tell me how much they are paying for their exams please? Since different exam boards require different fees I'll just say which exams...
    GCSE's
    From Edexcel: English, English Lit, Double Award Science, History and DT resistant materials.
    A-Levels
    Thank you,
    Have a nice day
    Cos I study at home I have to pay 4 all my exams. I pay £55 admin fees + £11 per paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Cos I study at home I have to pay 4 all my exams. I pay £55 admin fees + £11 per paper.
    i am from N>ireland and our aqa papers cost £11..thats for repeats or if your over 19yrs old..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    That's so cheap!!! For PE, we have to pay £81!!! Only the exam!!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's
    A-Levels
    Thank you,
    Have a nice day
    The papers are between £9.80 and £14.50
    Any extra cost is because of your school adding it on, i would expect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    I love you avatar suz. How can I get similar a avatar?

ReputationRep:
    we never had to pay for our exams in our school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    Well, here neither, but the resits we had to pay for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    me either, we would only pay if they thought you would fail but you wanted to enter anyway. in my sixth form paying for own exams is part of the punishment for low attendence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    You probably go to a public/state/government school. They pay everything for their students. But not in private schools .

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's
    A-Levels
    Thank you,
    Have a nice day

I think A-Level papers for resits if thats what your on about is around £10 per paper and also admin costs/centre fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UK-Learning.Net)
    I think A-Level papers for resits if thats what your on about is around £10 per paper and also admin costs/centre fees.
    But the better centres don't charge anything for admin and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    WHOA... umm...that's a very...interesting signature.
    IT'S ****ING DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    WHOA... umm...that's a very...interesting signature.
    IT'S ****ING DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!! :mad:
    huh. Who?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    But the better centres don't charge anything for admin and stuff.

Oh righ I thought they all did.

I did a couple of resits and they were about £10ish each for the paper but it also depends on the subject lie if its French or something and a verbal exam or something like that you have to pay more. I think I had to pay another payment called centre fee but I can't remember how much now. I think that covers the costs of the invigilators and admin etc. But it is probably different depwnding on the college/school like Iluvatar said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    huh. Who?
    What are you blind or does your PC not show that UGH I can't even describe it!! It's Uk-learning's signature (yes that's his/hers name...

ReputationRep:
    What are you blind or does your PC not show that UGH I can't even describe it!! It's Uk-learning's signature (yes that's his/hers name...
    No, thankfully (apparently), i can only see an x thingy.

ReputationRep:
    Its only a cartoon its not that rude. Anyway it is my sig if you dont like it dont look at it. :mad: Im not changing it :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Its only a cartoon its not that rude. Anyway it is my sig if you dont like it dont look at it. :mad: Im not changing it :mad:
    or put you on ignore?

ReputationRep:
    *Groan*. It's more like a phycotic/satanic etc something!! Message to Iluvatars: Thank whoever you believe in that you can't see it!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.