The Student Room Group

Deferred, Deferred entry?

So I've just finished my first year of AS. Got BABE - Biology, Photography, Geography, Chemistry (which is crazy as I never expected to pass it). Pretty happy with my results as my motivation completely failed in the end.

I'm looking to take up another AS level to make up for Chem's crapness. Hopefully retake one exam from my Biology and one from my Geography and turn those B's into A's as well; it works out that I did brilliantly in in one of the tests and rubbish in the other for both subjects. Happy days :biggrin:

Anyhoo, I planned to take a gap year afterwards to earn enough money to go and do an internship abroad in scuba diving the following year. I would work wherever and whenever in order to get my £6000 +. Think it's realistic and can be done? My family has literally no money lol.

Although I just had a late night thought, maybe I could work from when I just leave college next year, so like June/July time until say March/May and scrape enough money? I highly doubt it...Then I would go off and do the internship in time for Uni.

So I know there's deferred entry by a year, but can you get deferred entry for two years? Or will I have to apply in a different way if that's how long it takes?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Cheesy feet
So I've just finished my first year of AS. Got BABE - Biology, Photography, Geography, Chemistry (which is crazy as I never expected to pass it). Pretty happy with my results as my motivation completely failed in the end.

I'm looking to take up another AS level to make up for Chem's crapness. Hopefully retake one exam from my Biology and one from my Geography and turn those B's into A's as well; it works out that I did brilliantly in in one of the tests and rubbish in the other for both subjects. Happy days :biggrin:

Anyhoo, I planned to take a gap year afterwards to earn enough money to go and do an internship abroad in scuba diving the following year. I would work wherever and whenever in order to get my £6000 +. Think it's realistic and can be done? My family has literally no money lol.

Although I just had a late night thought, maybe I could work from when I just leave college next year, so like June/July time until say March/May and scrape enough money? I highly doubt it...Then I would go off and do the internship in time for Uni.

So I know there's deferred entry by a year, but can you get deferred entry for two years? Or will I have to apply in a different way if that's how long it takes?
You can only defer entry by one year, so if you wanted to leave it for two years (ie until 2014) you would have to apply in 2012.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending