The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1760
does anyone know how birmingham deal with deferred entry applicants
Does anyone know if there will be a post-offer day? I'm mainly interested in seeing the accommodation as I couldn't go to the open day last year.
Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Watermelon:)
Does anyone know if there will be a post-offer day? I'm mainly interested in seeing the accommodation as I couldn't go to the open day last year.

I think there is an accommodation open day in late April (I remember because I went with a friend on her 18th birthday).

Also, sad news, I didn't get a place on the psychological medicine intercalation, so straight into fourth year for me!
Original post by My-My-My
I think there is an accommodation open day in late April (I remember because I went with a friend on her 18th birthday).

Also, sad news, I didn't get a place on the psychological medicine intercalation, so straight into fourth year for me!

Thanks for the reply :smile:

So sorry to hear about that :console: can't you intercalate after the fourth year though as well?

Yup, as My my my said there is an accom day on 21st april :smile:
Thanks for the reply :smile:

So sorry to hear about that :console: can't you intercalate after the fourth year though as well?

Thanks. Yeah, you can, but I have a feeling that this year would have been by best chance as there are more spaces allocated on the course for those finishing third year. However, it is changing so that only 3rd and 4th years will be able to apply so this might not be that case.
I'm going to ask for feedback on my application (like you lot all do) and see how I can improve next time.
Original post by giraffegiraffe
Yup, as My my my said there is an accom day on 21st april :smile:

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to see the campus again :love:

Thanks. Yeah, you can, but I have a feeling that this year would have been by best chance as there are more spaces allocated on the course for those finishing third year. However, it is changing so that only 3rd and 4th years will be able to apply so this might not be that case.
I'm going to ask for feedback on my application (like you lot all do) and see how I can improve next time.

Ah right, hopefully with the changes the uni's making it will be easier to get a place on the course next year then :crossedf: :smile:
Thanks, I'm really looking forward to see the campus again :love:

Ah right, hopefully with the changes the uni's making it will be easier to get a place on the course next year then :crossedf: :smile:

Any ideas what accom you might go for? :smile:
Original post by gozatron
Any ideas what accom you might go for? :smile:

I'm thinking on the lines of Shakelton, Elgar and Mason atm :smile: I'm after ensuite and self catered and they look really nice...got any insider advice on accom? :wink:

Btw, do you still apply for accommodation if you put Bham as an insurance?
Thinking of renting a house in birmingham (im a grad). Does anyone know any good sites to look at?
Original post by groovyangel2008
Thinking of renting a house in birmingham (im a grad). Does anyone know any good sites to look at?

http://propertysolutions.co/Student/Home.aspx

http://www.broadcourt.com/

These are two big letting agents with properties near the uni.
I'm thinking on the lines of Shakelton, Elgar and Mason atm :smile: I'm after ensuite and self catered and they look really nice...got any insider advice on accom? :wink:

Btw, do you still apply for accommodation if you put Bham as an insurance?

I'm in Mason at the moment. The location is the best on Vale, its by far the nicest by eye and its definitely the best halls social wise (Sooooo much money to spend on its residents!). The ensuite is a must for me, its just so convenient for those messy nights out and early morning lectures. But i would say its definitely over-priced and incovenient for a number of things. For the money we're paying its ridiculous that Mason is the only halls without its own laundry area. Shackleton has everything on its doorstep, the restaurant/cafe/bar/laundry and I personally prefer its layout and kitchen area. If i was replying i'd probably opt for Shackleton now and Mason as a back up but each to their own. Get down to accom day and look around for yourself! :smile:

(Don't forget about Aitken/Chelwood too; but you can forget about Maple Bank/Tennis Courts. Nobody likes them.)
I'm in Mason at the moment. The location is the best on Vale, its by far the nicest by eye and its definitely the best halls social wise (Sooooo much money to spend on its residents!). The ensuite is a must for me, its just so convenient for those messy nights out and early morning lectures. But i would say its definitely over-priced and incovenient for a number of things. For the money we're paying its ridiculous that Mason is the only halls without its own laundry area. Shackleton has everything on its doorstep, the restaurant/cafe/bar/laundry and I personally prefer its layout and kitchen area. If i was replying i'd probably opt for Shackleton now and Mason as a back up but each to their own. Get down to accom day and look around for yourself! :smile:

(Don't forget about Aitken/Chelwood too; but you can forget about Maple Bank/Tennis Courts. Nobody likes them.)

OI! I lived in TC! It's amazing, and closer 5/10 mins closer to medschool, those extra minutes in bed are precious...
OI! I lived in TC! It's amazing, and closer 5/10 mins closer to medschool, those extra minutes in bed are precious...

TC is right next to Mason! There is definitely not 5 minutes distance between them! Infact, if you're at one of the back blocks of TC (12 etc) then you're probably even further :P
TC is right next to Mason! There is definitely not 5 minutes distance between them! Infact, if you're at one of the back blocks of TC (12 etc) then you're probably even further :P

Well I was in center court, which is at least 5 mins from the far end of mason...
Reply 1775
Original post by cmkable
Hey, just trying to sort through the paperwork that came in the offer pack and really confused. On the declaration to comply with the code of conduct form it states that the form should be sent back in the envelope provided, but the only envelope I received states that only the declaration of health form and immunisation form should be enclosed (its brown). Does anyone know where the code of conduct form should go?

I'm confused with the same thing here. What did you do in the end?
Reply 1776
Original post by momories
I'm confused with the same thing here. What did you do in the end?

Still sorting through the immunisation stuff so nothing as of today. However, I want to send it off soon so I will ring admissions tommorrow and find out. I´ll let you know. :smile:
Reply 1777
So I know i'm a bit late in the game... but I got my offer today!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by E.B
So I know i'm a bit late in the game... but I got my offer today!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Just got my offer today as well, after my interview last week!! :smile:
http://propertysolutions.co/Student/Home.aspx

http://www.broadcourt.com/

These are two big letting agents with properties near the uni.

Thanks so much! Your so helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending