The Student Room Group
Reply 1
hams
has anybody had offers that they didn't apply for. My friend applyed for bussiness managment at Brunel and she got an offer for Law with a bussiness statement.

yea i applied to York to do English with performance studies and ended up getting an offer to do straight english. Not too much of a difference tho, im actually quite happy about that because in general english is more of an academic subject and probably more respected that english with performance studies.
Reply 2
grace
yea i applied to York to do English with performance studies and ended up getting an offer to do straight english. Not too much of a difference tho, im actually quite happy about that because in general english is more of an academic subject and probably more respected that english with performance studies.

but my courses are completely unrelated. i applied for business management and went on about how much i wanted to be a businesswoman in my personal statement, but then i got an offer to do law at brunel which i hear is quite high in ratings for law. i don't actually think the universities look at personal statements.
Reply 3
I got an offer from Bristol to do mechanical engineering even though i applied for law (got rejected) but still quite funny considering my entire ucas application related to me wantin to do law!!

It usually happens cos places arent filled on couses n the uni still sees you as a strong candidate n wants you at their uni..therefore looks to give u a place on an alternative course :smile:
Reply 4
Rhianneth
I got an offer from Bristol to do mechanical engineering even though i applied for law (got rejected) but still quite funny considering my entire ucas application related to me wantin to do law!!

It usually happens cos places arent filled on couses n the uni still sees you as a strong candidate n wants you at their uni..therefore looks to give u a place on an alternative course :smile:

But mechanical engineering? That's a tad different to Law :confused:
Reply 5
Nottingham tried to give me a place on Animal Science after I got rejected for Zoology - alas Animal Science had all the elements of biology that I hated the most (nutrition, pest control, monoculture, etc.) so I said no. The bloke was well persistent! :wink:
Reply 6
aliel
But mechanical engineering? That's a tad different to Law :confused:

ahh i forgot to say i rang up bristol to see whether the engineering department would consider my application, they did n offered me a place...then asked me which enigneering course i wanted to do (could choose any!) that made me feel better about the rejection for law at least!! Its so ridiculous how AAABB is considered pretty average when applying to top unis for law grrr should have applied for summit else...
Reply 7
hams
has anybody had offers that they didn't apply for. My friend applyed for bussiness managment at Brunel and she got an offer for Law with a bussiness statement.

A friend of mine applied to my college (Robinson,Cambridge) for SPS in my year. However, the DOS wouldn't have him. The Warden fell in love with him and thought he was lovely (which he was) and on the strength of his tutorial interview, our warden harassed the Geography DOS to take him. My mate was doing Geography A-Level, and the Warden told the Geography DOS to 'trust him', and that thre student was 'definately interested in Geography, but had been confused when applying'. All worked out well though, cos my mate got to Cambridge and someone dropped out of SPS into History within a week, and he got to change subjects...not necessarily fair on the people in the pool who had actually applied for Geography perhaps...

Latest

Trending

Trending