The Student Room Group

Lloyds Scholars Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by 547Trader
You'll find out soon enough if you did well enough though! Which University are you going to? Bristol or Sheffield? And what course? I'm going to Bristol to do Economics & Finance.

Hey i did get through to the telephone interview which im slightly nervous about. Im in Bristol in my 2nd year now I study Spanish and Italian
Reply 61
Original post by em2121
Hey, I had the phone interview and now have been invited to one of the assessment centres! I thought the phone interview was quite difficult so shocked I made the through!

Hey did they ask you specific questions about the economy or general what is happening with the economy atm?
Reply 62
Original post by almvp
Hey i did get through to the telephone interview which im slightly nervous about. Im in Bristol in my 2nd year now I study Spanish and Italian

Well done with that & good luck with the phone interview!
Reply 63
Original post by almvp
Hey did they ask you specific questions about the economy or general what is happening with the economy atm?

Hey, I think people are reluctant to say what specific topics are discussed in the interview as this would give you an edge over the people who had to do it with absolutely no prior knowledge of what will be asked.
Think about what you would ask someone if you were interviewing them for a scholarship. Remember, they're trying to learn about what makes you tick and how you think.

Good luck!
Reply 64
Hey, I think people are reluctant to say what specific topics are discussed in the interview as this would give you an edge over the people who had to do it with absolutely no prior knowledge of what will be asked.
Think about what you would ask someone if you were interviewing them for a scholarship. Remember, they're trying to learn about what makes you tick and how you think.

Good luck!

Ok thank you I did assume that was the case
Reply 65

Good luck!

By the way were you successful at the assessment centre?
Reply 66
Original post by almvp
By the way were you successful at the assessment centre?

Unfortunately I don't actually know yet. We were told on the day that scholarships would be given out after the 12th October, because they still had 8 more assessment centres to go. Obviously they don't want to start handing out offers straight away because if they find brighter stars in the latter assessment centres they may not have anymore scholarships left to give them!

So I shall have to wait a little more :s-smilie:
Reply 67
Got through to the assessment centre :smile: one more stage to go wish me luck
Reply 68
Does anyone know when Lloyds are going to give out the Scholarships? I thought it was the 12th October, only they haven't told me anything either way. It's the same for a few people I know who are also in the same boat as me.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Getting fraught!
Reply 69
got a scholarship!!! :biggrin:
Reply 70
Anyone who got the schlarship got anything to add?
Got the email the other day and am tempted....how's it going?
Reply 71
Bumpedy bump...anyone?
got a scholarship!!! :biggrin:
Reply 72
Original post by igohardondis
yup just completed the numeracy test and im waiting for a response, ive got a ucl offer and theres only 15 places available for lloyds scholars at ucl

What's the numerical test like? I'm going to complete it soon. I just keep holding off lol
Reply 73
Yeah I ran out of time too :frown: It was a hard test! I hate stats :frown:
Original post by igohardondis
yup just completed the numeracy test and im waiting for a response, ive got a ucl offer and theres only 15 places available for lloyds scholars at ucl

Hey, what course at UCL? I've got an offer for UCL too.
Got a phone interview on Wednesday. Am nervous because I've never had a phone interview before :s-smilie:

Original post by Purehakkai
Yeah I ran out of time too :frown: It was a hard test! I hate stats :frown:

Haha same, the last few questions threw me off a bit :/
There's one thing I'm confused about - I've just finished my A levels, and I obviously don't have any of my A level results back yet, so I can't fill out the secondary eduction section. Does this mean that I have to wait until I get my results back before I can submit my application?

I should also mention that at our school, we did all of our A levels and AS levels at once, so right now I don't have any official qualifications beyond GCSE until results day comes.
Reply 76
Original post by thebigbadwolf
There's one thing I'm confused about - I've just finished my A levels, and I obviously don't have any of my A level results back yet, so I can't fill out the secondary eduction section. Does this mean that I have to wait until I get my results back before I can submit my application?

I should also mention that at our school, we did all of our A levels and AS levels at once, so right now I don't have any official qualifications beyond GCSE until results day comes.

I used my predicted grades. I've done IB and those that I've uploaded are not official as the school keeps them secret.

I was wondering whether I should contact the Lloyds Scholars when my results come out next week?
My son just put his predicted grades in. Just heard that he has a telephone interview next week :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by SomeoneIveNeverMet

Got a phone interview on Wednesday. Am nervous because I've never had a phone interview before :s-smilie:

Haha same, the last few questions threw me off a bit :/

When did you do the test? Pretty sure I've flopped it now
Original post by Purehakkai
When did you do the test? Pretty sure I've flopped it now

Chris did his test yesterday evening about 5:30 and heard back this morning at 10 about the phone interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending