The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2500
Hi people, I got an offer for the Scottish Government (Analytical Stream Economics). I’ll move to Edinburgh in June and I’m looking for an accommodation. If there is anybody out there moving to Edinburgh as well, it would be great to share opinions and info on how to get an apartment or anything related with the fast stream and the SG.
Original post by sketchyworld
Hi All,

Congrats to everyone who made it through! Just wondering on average how long it has taken people to get their assignment? All my paperwork is done and 'successful' at this point, but still waiting on the Disclosure stuff to clear. Keen to start really soon as not presently working, and all I learned from the open day about start dates is they very so much so now not really sure what to do in terms of applying for new jobs. Guess I just wait for the assignment, but the wait it hard... anyone know roughly how long it takes?

Hey, you've got a job so there's really no need to apply for others unless it's something fairly flexible and can be left easily and you need some money. I'm sure you can point out that you can start ASAP and they'll take that into account. But sit tight until you've got your department.
Reply 2502
Original post by more tea vicar?
I'm sure you can point out that you can start ASAP and they'll take that into account. But sit tight until you've got your department.

That won't speed up security clearance. This takes on average between 4-6 months (sometimes less, but sometimes much more - I've heard of FSers starting in late July, but also FSers not finishing security clearance until the following March :frown: ).

From what I've been hearing, most tend to start around September, though.

Original post by richardp2020
More waiting and pressing F5 :smile: If I get though, I'm looking forward to the open day and talking to people from the departments.

Me too! I've already (and shamefully) checked the online site to see if there's been any changes to my application (even though I'm pretty certain nothing will be even entered into the system until Friday at the earliest, and that they'll probably wait till all the FSBs are finished before releasing any results)...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2503
Chiryu, mine changed to 'Awaiting Results'.
Original post by Chiryu
That won't speed up security clearance. This takes on average between 4-6 months (sometimes less, but sometimes much more - I've heard of FSers starting in late July, but also FSers not finishing security clearance until the following March :frown: ).

From what I've been hearing, most tend to start around September, though.

Me too! I've already (and shamefully) checked the online site to see if there's been any changes to my application (even though I'm pretty certain nothing will be even entered into the system until Friday at the earliest, and that they'll probably wait till all the FSBs are finished before releasing any results)...

Yep, I meant starting after having got your clearances etc. :smile:
Original post by obamtl

Mine has too :smile:
Reply 2506
Original post by obamtl

Yes, mine has too. I'd just assumed that was automatic, but now I remember that's not how it was with the FSAC!
Hi

Just found TSR! Wish I'd arrived here sooner. I had my TiB FSB today. Good luck to everyone else.
Morning all,

I'm just filling in my assignment choices form and have noticed that I'm only able to choose an 'area of work', rather than a specific department. For example, some of the options I can see are 'Economics and Finance', 'Business, Science and Technology', 'Transport and Regeneration'; I would have expected the option to choose a specific department, such 'Cabinet Office', 'Home Office' etc...

Just wanted to check if this is the same for everyone else?
Chiryu & Richard your hopefull to expect a change already. I expect the awaiting results status is based on a the form input by the Assessment team and Parity that the event has been completed as this has appeared both times at the same time as the expenses page has changed to allow submission of expenses for the event.

I wouldn't expect to see a result until Thursday next week when they have finished the FSB's.

Pity the weather isn't much better as I would hop in the camper and dissapear out of range of the internet on my mobile for a few days.
No, I completely agree, and I don't expect any results until next Friday at the earliest. That still doesn't stop me checking :biggrin:
any fco-ers heard anything?
Original post by richardp2020
No, I completely agree, and I don't expect any results until next Friday at the earliest. That still doesn't stop me checking :biggrin:

Cool have to say I'm checking as well while submitting my expenses although I know logically nothing is likely to have changed yet thats why I think it would be good if I could get the expenses in and then go out of range of the internet for a few days.

I expect though once one result is posted here then those from the same group should also have their results.

Keep checking but don't stress too much :biggrin:
Reply 2513
Original post by sketchyworld
Hi All,

Congrats to everyone who made it through! Just wondering on average how long it has taken people to get their assignment? All my paperwork is done and 'successful' at this point, but still waiting on the Disclosure stuff to clear. Keen to start really soon as not presently working, and all I learned from the open day about start dates is they very so much so now not really sure what to do in terms of applying for new jobs. Guess I just wait for the assignment, but the wait it hard... anyone know roughly how long it takes?

I'm in a similar situation to you. I'm thinking of trying to do a bit of personal tutoring, flexible enough, money would be decent, working for myself etc
Agency work might be a good option, there is lots of work available for unqualified teachers :smile:
anyone on the reserve lists had any updates yet?
Reply 2516
Original post by crazychick
anyone on the reserve lists had any updates yet?

No...what about yourself?
Original post by copperfield
Morning all,

I'm just filling in my assignment choices form and have noticed that I'm only able to choose an 'area of work', rather than a specific department. For example, some of the options I can see are 'Economics and Finance', 'Business, Science and Technology', 'Transport and Regeneration'; I would have expected the option to choose a specific department, such 'Cabinet Office', 'Home Office' etc...

Just wanted to check if this is the same for everyone else?

Yes, that's correct and the same for everyone.
Original post by jamestown
any fco-ers heard anything?

No! My application page STILL says Awaiting Event even though I had it last Thursday...
it's so frustrating! mine changed today to 'awaiting results' but i had the fsb about a week earlier than you so i guess that's why

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending