The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by balders
This is my understanding for the GFS. An automatic pass mark has been set, and then there will be another cut of candidates [using a slightly lower pass mark possibly based on average candidate score] in mid-December who progress to the e-tray. If you do not hear within a couple of days then you will hear nothing until mid-December.

Has anyone applying to the GFS heard back from the etray? My understanding is that no pass mark will be set until mid-December, and the final cut will be as late as February?

Sorry, but what is the SAC?

Statisticians assessment centre.
Reply 521
Just racing my way through the tests now as I totally forgot to apply and the deadline is tomorrow. Bloody hell was that numerical one hard but somehow I managed to get top 15% even though I was totally lost. Got top 45% in verbal reasoning so I need to improve that somewhat although I thought I'd do better at that than numerical.
Reply 522
Original post by ajp100688
Just racing my way through the tests now as I totally forgot to apply and the deadline is tomorrow. Bloody hell was that numerical one hard but somehow I managed to get top 15% even though I was totally lost. Got top 45% in verbal reasoning so I need to improve that somewhat although I thought I'd do better at that than numerical.

My understanding was that if you registered today you would have a week until the 'deadline' for test completion. I was planning on doing my test tomorrow or possibly at the weekend as my deadline in not until 06/12/11

Just to clarify, is this the case?
Reply 523
Original post by Chrisk47
My understanding was that if you registered today you would have a week until the 'deadline' for test completion. I was planning on doing my test tomorrow or possibly at the weekend as my deadline in not until 06/12/11

Just to clarify, is this the case?

Yeah the deadline read 6/12/11 on my profile aswell, I just wanted to get the practice ones out of the way because I've done so many of those psychometric tests now I don't need to practice. That one was by far the hardest of all the grad scheme tests though.
Just a quick question; when filling out the extra-curricular activities section, is it best to just use bullet points rather than prose? There's the 100 word limit and with bullet points I'm already over half-way there for each section, so I'm guessing they don't really expect you to go into any detail about specific responsibilities or skills?
Reply 525
Original post by Willowi
I would imagine that the recruitment people are aware of when the A* grade came in and so wouldn't expect anyone who took their A Levels before it was introduced to have achieved one (and would view the marks with regards to that). To be honest I am not sure if the A* was introduced in 2006 or 2007. If it wasn't until 2006 then no one who has graduated yet/is graduating this year would have been able to get an A*, and so no one applying would have one.

The first batch of students who were eligible to get A*'s in their AS and A2 were those who started their A-Levels in 2008, so the first A* potential students were those that were finishing sixth form/entering uni in mid 2010. As you said I'm sure the recruitment people are well aware that anyone who finished Sixth Form before 2010 was unable to get A*s. I'd have had one aswell (and A*ABB instead of AABB) if I had graduated in 2010.
Reply 526
Omg I can't believe I've passed the online tests! Thanks earlier to whoever said not to be modest in the competency questionnaire. I know its only the first stage but its nice to have an acceptance for once :-)
Reply 527
Original post by balders
Has anyone applying to the GFS heard back from the etray? My understanding is that no pass mark will be set until mid-December, and the final cut will be as late as February?

nope.

yep, i think those dates are right.
Reply 528
Original post by chrisb23
Omg I can't believe I've passed the online tests! Thanks earlier to whoever said not to be modest in the competency questionnaire. I know its only the first stage but its nice to have an acceptance for once :-)

Yey! Me too..its nice not to be knocked back for once lol. I found the test alot easier than ones ive taken before...the hardest ive taken so far is the sainsburys 2020leaders one
Reply 529
Original post by Rouz
Yey! Me too..its nice not to be knocked back for once lol. I found the test alot easier than ones ive taken before...the hardest ive taken so far is the sainsburys 2020leaders one

Haha yes kpmg hardest for me! I was filtered out of Sainsbury by personality lol :\*

Although I'm a bit confused.. I can only fill in the form for tib not the main one? Why is this?*
Reply 530
Original post by ajp100688
The first batch of students who were eligible to get A*'s in their AS and A2 were those who started their A-Levels in 2008, so the first A* potential students were those that were finishing sixth form/entering uni in mid 2010. As you said I'm sure the recruitment people are well aware that anyone who finished Sixth Form before 2010 was unable to get A*s. I'd have had one aswell (and A*ABB instead of AABB) if I had graduated in 2010.

Yes sorry, I had a very stupid moment. I was thinking I did mine in 2008 so people one or two years behind me would be 2007/6, instead of 2009/10. I hope my maths was better on the tests!
Reply 531
Anyone on the Houses of Parliament scheme? Also wondering if I could get in touch with a a Faststreamer already there?
Just got this "We are writing to advise you that you have been successful in the Online Selection Tests."

:biggrin:

Still a long way to go, and a lot of hand-ins for UNi are making it really hard :frown:
Reply 533
Did anyone have their SRAC today? How'd you find it?
Original post by petergambrill
Passed my EAC now onto FSAC, this is a truly rigorous process. Does anyone know if we get the scores from our FSAC written exercise we did at the EAC before we go to the FSAC? Would be nice to see if I was on the right track.

I asked and you can't get back the mark for the FSAC test you do at the EAC if you progress, makes it unfair etc etc...fair enough.
Reply 535
*sigh* Rejection here. Really hoped I would be able to scrape through the tests but obviously not - frustrating that it took so long just to be rejected. I have asked for feedback though if I had to guess I would say it's probably the verbal that let me down as I remember that not going well.
Reply 536
FINALLY got my results for the EFS. Passed. Still waiting for the GFS though... argh.
Reply 537
Hmm...just got this:

When undertaking the Verbal selection test, you performed better than 89% of candidates who have taken this test as part of an application to the Fast Stream.

When undertaking the Numerical selection test, you performed better than 75% of candidates.

When undertaking the Competency Questionnaire, you performed better than 59% of candidates.

Tbh, they don't seem that bad to me - top 25% for maths, top 11% for verbal - guess it must be the competency questionnaire, or maybe the maths. I suppose I'll just have to try again next year, or hope one of the many other schemes I've applied for takes me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 538
Original post by coolh5000
Hmm...just got this:

When undertaking the Verbal selection test, you performed better than 89% of candidates who have taken this test as part of an application to the Fast Stream.

When undertaking the Numerical selection test, you performed better than 75% of candidates.

When undertaking the Competency Questionnaire, you performed better than 59% of candidates.

Tbh, they don't seem that bad to me - top 25% for maths, top 11% for verbal - guess it must be the competency questionnaire, or maybe the maths. I suppose I'll just have to try again next year, or hope one of the many other schemes I've applied for takes me.

Ta, saw this then remember to register my application :smile: thanks :smile:
Original post by coolh5000
Hmm...just got this:

Did you get that via email or on your applications progress page? Those do seem good results :s-smilie: I'm doubting my own chances even more now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending