Turn on thread page Beta

And I'm Always Moaning Nothing Good Ever Happens To Me!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    AHHHH OMG! I just got a phone call and it turns out this competition I entered to get some free stuff I've actually won!!!!!!!
    I have an appointment up in London with a full make over, hair cut, colourings, professional photo shoot worth £500!!!!!!

And if I had been in college today I wouldn't have got it at all!!!!!
    *Dances*

Anybody won anything random like that before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    AHHHH OMG! I just got a phone call and it turns out this competition I entered to get some free stuff I've actually won!!!!!!!
    I have an appointment up in London with a full make over, hair cut, colourings, professional photo shoot worth £500!!!!!!

*Dances*

Yep. I won a whole computer system before... admittidly it was crap, but i still won it!
    And also, i won some PC games for no reason once before...

ReputationRep:
    Umm... did they come up to you in the street to offer this prize to you?

ReputationRep:

*Dances*

yay for Dani!
    nope i,ve never won anything like that

ReputationRep:
    DId they come up to you in the street when they first suggested you enter this prize thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Umm... did they come up to you in the street to offer this prize to you?
    No I was on that website that you get free stuff from and they said sign up to this competition and get a free lipstick and I ended up winning it, when all I wanted was the lipstick. They phoned me at home as well...*squeals*

ReputationRep:
    Alack - nothing that lucky has happened to me
    Does that mean mathematically that something is more/less likely to happen to me? Or the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    yay for Dani!
    nope i,ve never won anything like that
    Well if it's any consolation I've gotta decide when to have it done and it runs out after three months sucks that I'm at college and I have exams, so I'm going to have to do it on a Friday, can't this Friday as parents going away, next week is literally mostly spent in London anyway, arghh.....I have to phone them back though so I can talk it over with my mum.

ReputationRep:
    HMmmm because someone came up to me in the street and asked me some things and said that there was a prize just like the one you described... I said it sounded fishy and walked away. A lot of people in our uni have been targetted and I think they've been doing it at lots of different unis and basically it's a scam and they rip you off completely. Everyone was warned about it.

Hope it's a proper thing! I always end up with bad luck so if that was me it would mean I got kidnapped or something... not that I'm not trying to scare you. Just be careful!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer

*Dances*

Careful

A lot of places offer these makeover prizes.

The pictures will not be free - enjoy the day but don't let your guard down when it comes to the pictures, if you can't afford £100 for a photo then you don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innitman_uk)
    Alack - nothing that lucky has happened to me
    Does that mean mathematically that something is more/less likely to happen to me? Or the same?
    My friend Meg wins everything, she won free flights, tickets, backstage passes, spending money, accomodation to last years MTV Winterjam.
    She won VIP passes with a limo, accomodation at a 5 star hotel and spending money for an outfit for the Kerrang! awards last year...etc etc etc...backstage passes to concerts,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Careful

A lot of places offer these makeover prizes.

The pictures will not be free - enjoy the day but don't let your guard down when it comes to the pictures, if you can't afford £100 for a photo then you don't get it.
    They did say that the photos weren't included and I was under no obligation to buy them, and they told me that the collection of at least 30 photos would be 150 however I can pick any single prints I want for ten pounds each...I think...I was too excited, I just want the hair cut and makeover
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    They did say that the photos weren't included and I was under no obligation to buy them, and they told me that the collection of at least 30 photos would be 150 however I can pick any single prints I want for ten pounds each...I think...I was too excited, I just want the hair cut and makeover
    Has the studio got a website? If it has find out how much they charge normal customers and see if they're loading the makeover charge onto the price they will charge you for the photos...they know that most people will want at least one photo (and that they can pursuade some people to buy lots) which is how these studios make money out of the deal.

Go in with your eyes open (and without a debit/credit card and only as much cash as you can afford to give them) and you'll have a good day

ReputationRep:
    i wan a ps2....yupeeeee

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    I won a map of Germany detailing the location of youth hostels.

Oh yeh... and a frisbee.

ReputationRep:
    ive won loads of things off the radio, its soooo easy to win the phone in's..... off the top of my head
    2 Kosheen albums- MERCURY FM
    2 Club something albums MERCURY FM
    1 Ali G Soundtrack in the house MERCURY FM
    2 tickets to go cinema MERCURY FM
    82 albums - majority of them were rubbish admittedly they were doing that thing with the voice 1 album 9 albums 18 albums 7 albums and you shout stop! and they play the next one MERCURY FM
    meal for 2 at grovsner bar/restaurant london- CAPITAL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    ive won loads of things off the radio, its soooo easy to win the phone in's..... off the top of my head
    2 Kosheen albums- MERCURY FM
    2 Club something albums MERCURY FM
    1 Ali G Soundtrack in the house MERCURY FM
    2 tickets to go cinema MERCURY FM
    82 albums - majority of them were rubbish admittedly they were doing that thing with the voice 1 album 9 albums 18 albums 7 albums and you shout stop! and they play the next one MERCURY FM
    meal for 2 at grovsner bar/restaurant london- CAPITAL
    nafisa go to bed now!

ReputationRep:
    nafisa go to bed now!
    i cant too much to do *sniff sniff*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    i cant too much to do *sniff sniff*
    lol - am i supposed to be sympathetic? :rolleyes: you better be at school tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    lol - am i supposed to be sympathetic? :rolleyes: you better be at school tomorrow!
    Awwww did you miss me? hey your meant to be independant come on sing with me destinys child 'independant woman'! wooohooooo!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.