Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Best Laptop for starting University? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I start University in September and just wondered what a good, decent priced laptop would be.
    I currently have a HP laptop with 4.0GB of memory and a Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30 GHz

Is this good enough for University? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    ...probably
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllanMcG)
    I start University in September and just wondered what a good, decent priced laptop would be.
    I currently have a HP laptop with 4.0GB of memory and a Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30 GHz

Is this good enough for University? Thanks!
    If all you want it for is typical student fare, then it's fine.

If not, or you still want to get a new one, what's your budget?

What would be a good laptop for a Media student? Apple?

ReputationRep:
    any laptop is fine, what will you be using it for, browsing internet during lectures and writing the odd notes?! i took an nc10 and then an nc150 for portability and that was a comp sci degree, it was fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agata)
    What would be a good laptop for a Media student? Apple?
    A macbook would be a pretty decent choice, I used to be an icynic but ever since I took the plunge and just bought one - I have kinda loved it.
    They're really just very nice to use, I chose to push up the specs a little but I'm sure the original ones would've done fine really.

They're not a bad choice, popular amongst students

(Original post by johndoranglasgow)
    A macbook would be a pretty decent choice, I used to be an icynic but ever since I took the plunge and just bought one - I have kinda loved it.
    They're really just very nice to use, I chose to push up the specs a little but I'm sure the original ones would've done fine really.

They're not a bad choice, popular amongst students
    I noticed, they seem like a wise choice especially because we use the in college for Final Cut and whatnot. Thank you! Do you study Media by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agata)
    I noticed, they seem like a wise choice especially because we use the in college for Final Cut and whatnot. Thank you! Do you study Media by any chance?
    Nope :P

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.