The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shamzmix_34

"We do not offer interviews for this programme; decisions are made solely on the basis of the information you have supplied via UCAS."- Kings

I have just read this on their selection process information tab, is this the case for every applicant? has anyone been invited to an interview

Is this for the MSc. If so, that probably is the case.

With regards to the BSc. No, they DO interview.
Original post by sas25

Original post by sas25
Oh right.. What's the reason then? :smile:

Lol, well it's new and I don't want to put a name on it yet but it definitely feels like it's going somewhere very good :smile:
Original post by Chloeanne27
Rejection from SHU :frown:
Didn't really want to go there, just feeling like nobody wants me at the minute haha

I got rejected also! Where else are you applying for?
Original post by MuftiMan123

Original post by MuftiMan123
Is this for the MSc. If so, that probably is the case.

With regards to the BSc. No, they DO interview.

Yeah I applied for the BSc and read this on their portal application "thing" they have
Reply 644
Yeah I applied for the BSc and read this on their portal application "thing" they have

Nope, they defo interview. This is the first year theyre doing interviews so they probably forgot to update the portal :smile:
Oh, thats maybe why
Reply 646
I know it's already been mentioned but has anyone heard from Kings yet?! (post interview). The wait is literally driving me insane!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 647
Original post by Habana
I know it's already been mentioned but has anyone heard from Kings yet?! (post interview). The wait is literally driving me insane!

nooo :frown: :frown:. I've got a theory though haha..
They said they should know around January time how many places the NHS has offered and I have just read an article on UCAS which says that places will be confirmed by the end of january.. so maybe they are waiting on that to send some offers out lol...
Just got home from my Birmingham interview! Went quite well i thought :biggrin: Any others there today? How'd it go? :smile:
Reply 649
Original post by emilym94
Just got home from my Birmingham interview! Went quite well i thought :biggrin: Any others there today? How'd it go? :smile:

I had mine today! I think it went a lot better than my Kings interview, loved that it was quite informal, made it so much easier to relax! Which scenario did you get? :smile:
Original post by sas25
nooo :frown: :frown:. I've got a theory though haha..
They said they should know around January time how many places the NHS has offered and I have just read an article on UCAS which says that places will be confirmed by the end of january.. so maybe they are waiting on that to send some offers out lol...

I'd have thought this is the reason as they don't want to offer too many places. It's one of the reason Leeds Met aren't doing the course for next September. They offered too many places out and everyone who accepted them as either first or second choice got the required grades so they are over subscribed for students for this years intake, so they aren't running the course for next year only to make up for that.

So to anyone who wanted to apply for Leeds in 2013 but thought that they weren't running the course full stop then you can stop worrying now :smile:
Original post by Habana
I had mine today! I think it went a lot better than my Kings interview, loved that it was quite informal, made it so much easier to relax! Which scenario did you get? :smile:

Yeah the informality was really nice actually, i was quite nervous haha :biggrin:
One about inpatients - surgery patients who were refusing to exercise and do breathing exercises, etc. What about you?

Btw i see you're from Oxford!! Me too :biggrin: Whereabouts?
Reply 652
Original post by emilym94
Yeah the informality was really nice actually, i was quite nervous haha :biggrin:
One about inpatients - surgery patients who were refusing to exercise and do breathing exercises, etc. What about you?

Btw i see you're from Oxford!! Me too :biggrin: Whereabouts?

Oh I got one about treating children with cerebral palsy... wasn't too bad :smile:

I go to The Cherwell School in Summertown :biggrin:
Original post by Habana
Oh I got one about treating children with cerebral palsy... wasn't too bad :smile:

I go to The Cherwell School in Summertown :biggrin:

Oh good :smile: Quite glad i didn't get that one though, i didn't see much neuro physio in my work experience!

Ohhh cool, i know a few people there! I'm at OCVC in Oxford city centre :smile:
How long was the wait to get a reply for an interview from Kings?
Reply 655

I was offered an interview within 3 days of my UCAS being sent, but it depends on how many applications they are currently processing...
Reply 656

A week or so for me...
Has anyone heard from East London?
Original post by ChrisWilliams

Original post by ChrisWilliams
I'd have thought this is the reason

I think that's quite a good observation. I'm definitely a bit more relieved but I still want to pick up the phone and give them a ring, lol.

In regards to your Leeds Met post - any idea if that involves the Pre-reg MSc. too?
Reply 659

A week for me also :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest