The Student Room Group

LPC Funding

Scroll to see replies

Also worth noting that if you do the LLM version of the LPC, you're eligible for a £10k loan from Student Loans Company - this can help offset some of the fees for LPC if you're self-funding.

If you haven't secured a TC yet and are willing to take the risk to self-fund LPC, I think it's best to do this part-time (evenings or weekends). Get a full-time job while you study part-time e.g. paralegal, or entry level jobs/grad schemes - this would be enough to cover living costs and hopefully the remainder of the LPC/LLM fees in addition to the loan.

Although do consider the SQE being introduced in 2020 - I'm not sure what impact this will have on the validity of LPCs started in 2019/2020 (particularly part-time options). Even if there is a transition period where LPCs will still be useful, this could still be at the discretion of law firms (please correct me if I'm wrong here). But I imagine there will come a hard date where law firms will no longer accept the LPC (possibly 2022?) - in which case there is a fairly small window in which to complete the LPC (part-time especially) and secure a TC, even smaller if you're a non-law grad...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending