The Student Room Group

Medicine at Manchester

I'm in year 11 and looking ahead to my future and I really want to go into 'science'. I know there are a lot of different branches coming of science but I think medicine is one of my favourite as I want to help people when I am older but more importantly I find it highly interesting...
Can anybody tell me if medicine is good at Manchester university and what a levels-GCSEs you need to get into it. Also I have got 3 'soft' subject at GCSE which are product design, GCSE p.e, applied art and of them I am predicted all a/a* (Along with core subjects which also I am predicted a/a*). so basically even if I don't take them 'soft subjects' through to a-level will university's look at them I'm great detail?
P.s- I will be taking chemistry, maths, biology and English language at A-level (hopefully AAAA)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
All your questions can be answered by using The Medicine Wiki

Medicine is good everywhere, regardless where you study it. The GMC makes sure that standards are high everywhere.

Generally, you will need at least 5As at GCSE, however from personal experience it is probably more like 4A*s or more. You will need AAA minimum at A2 level however both the GCSE and A-Level requirements are subject to change by the time you apply. You will need Chemistry and one other science at full A2 (out of Bio/Phy/Maths).

You may want to read about PBL. Manchester is very fond of their PBL style course.
Reply 2
Original post by Kyalimers
All your questions can be answered by using The Medicine Wiki

Medicine is good everywhere, regardless where you study it. The GMC makes sure that standards are high everywhere.

Generally, you will need at least 5As at GCSE, however from personal experience it is probably more like 4A*s or more. You will need AAA minimum at A2 level however both the GCSE and A-Level requirements are subject to change by the time you apply. You will need Chemistry and one other science at full A2 (out of Bio/Phy/Maths).

You may want to read about PBL. Manchester is very fond of their PBL style course.

Cheers mate I'm predicted a's and a*'s and few b's at GCSE so I should stand a good chance, what is PBL?
Reply 3
Original post by ClarkyC...
Cheers mate I'm predicted a's and a*'s and few b's at GCSE so I should stand a good chance, what is PBL?

Look Here
Reply 4

Cheers mate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending