The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Kbartlett
how much would it cost for a yr at each cambridge and oxford

Go on their web sites and check.
Cambs- about £6,000. With Top up fees, About £8,000. Assuming you're a home student.
Reply 3
Really? I thought all uni tuition fees were £3,000 ish max per year, including top-ups. Until the review comes around in a few years, that's not going to change. And Oxford and Cambridge will charge the same, the same amount (the maximum) as most British universities.
Of course, that is just tuition. Rent and other living expenses do bump it up cosiderably.
Reply 4
i think fadetoblackout is including food/rent etc?
Yep, that's everything.

And that's living frugally, too, like only going to 6 or 7 formals a term and only spending £20 a week on entertainment.
Reply 6
Kbartlett
how much would it cost for a yr at each cambridge and oxford

Are you talking about tuition fees or living expenses?

Tuition fees depend on whether you are a UK, EU or international student. It's harder for current students to answer this as tuition fees have changed from 2005 to 2006. Are you a UK student?

Living expenses vary from college to college and how extravagant you are or how careful. If you come from a low income family you may be entitled to a bursary which makes a difference. Oxford and Cambridge are generally cheaper places to live than London or Bristol but more expensive than Sheffield or Manchester.

The cost of going to Oxford or Cambridge is probably about the same as any other uni.
Reply 7
FadeToBlackout
Yep, that's everything.

And that's living frugally, too, like only going to 6 or 7 formals a term and only spending £20 a week on entertainment.

6-7 formals a term???? I probably don't even go to that many in a year...

Latest

Trending

Trending