The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Bed size?

I'll probably buy bedding before arriving and I was just wondering if anyone knows how big the beds are? 90x200cm? And also, you will get the actual pillow and the cover right? You would just need to buy the sheets?

I'll be living in superior ensuite if that would make any difference.
Reply 1
Original post by sarahsweden
I'll probably buy bedding before arriving and I was just wondering if anyone knows how big the beds are? 90x200cm? And also, you will get the actual pillow and the cover right? You would just need to buy the sheets?

I'll be living in superior ensuite if that would make any difference.

Nope all thats there is the mattress itself.

You need to get a quilt, pillows and a mattress protector.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
The beds are generally longer than the standard single bed, so don't buy fitted sheets, just flat ones. The uni offers a bedding pack for £35 but you can get everything cheaper and nicer by shopping around.
Reply 3
Unless that's new for this year, the only thing there is the mattress.
Weird, bring everything anyway, you'll need more that one set
Reply 5
Okay, thanks! But does the bedding pack include everything I'll need? I didn't buy it when I payed the deposit, is it too late now? Really don't want to be traveling with all that stuff, and apparently there isn't really anywhere in the city centre where u can buy it
Okay, thanks! But does the bedding pack include everything I'll need? I didn't buy it when I payed the deposit, is it too late now? Really don't want to be traveling with all that stuff, and apparently there isn't really anywhere in the city centre where u can buy it

You can buy it when you get there and yes it contains everything you need, Sainsburys has bedding stuff but if you're from a bigger city I'd just buy it there, you can always vacuum pack it.
Reply 7
Just go to a shop and buy some - its not really all that hard...

As for size I just buy king size bedding, then it fits anything.
(edited 12 years ago)
Well there is a BHS, Argos, Wilkinsons in town that sell that sort of thing. Plus, the big Sainsbury's on the road to Morecambe [the 2a bus from campus stops outside it] also stocks bedding. :smile:
Reply 9
Oh ok, if I can buy it in Lancaster there's no problem! :smile: thanks!
Reply 10
I bought normal size single fitted sheets and stuff before I came and they fitted fine... as far as i could tell the beds, although they are a little larger arent really that much bigger so normal fitted sheets fit fine :smile:

Also ForensicShoe the Obama video in your signature is brilliant!

Oh ok, if I can buy it in Lancaster there's no problem! :smile: thanks!

Yea, after you bring your own set, I would just suggest using that; either that or spraying everything down and washing it before hand.

Even if it is new, you don't want to take any chances.

Wipe the bathroom and your furniture and stuff down before use.

I just moved in yesterday and after I unpacked everything, me and my dad wiped the whole place from top to bottom; all that needs to be done now is to get the carpet cleaned, which somebody is coming to do this week.
Its worth mentioning, if you are in a county townhouse, the beds are much longer than any of the others i have seen on campus. I bought a single sheet and mattress protector and they didnt fit at all...

To be safe i'd get a double mattress protector and a double flat sheet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending