The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Parkwood houses layour

Hiya,

Can any of you super older people explain/draw in paint/link a kinda floor plan/layout of the 5 man houses in Parkwood? It'd be cool to know the general floor plan and figure out who's got the biggest rooms!

<3
Reply 1
Room D is the biggest and E is the smallest. They're both upstairs as is room C. There's one bathroom upstairs and an airing cupboard which is actually really good for drying clothes and saves money on tumble dryers.

Downstairs is room A (which is directly below room D, so it's pretty big too) and room B which is average size. The kitchen is at the end of the hallway and generally is pretty small....well...for 5 people it is anyways, but generally your not all in it at the same time so it's alright.

There's a downstairs loo too, as well as a downstairs cupboard and another cupboard in the kitchen which has got things like irons and ironing boards and mops etc.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by lil lime
Room D is the biggest and E is the smallest. They're both upstairs as is room C. There's one bathroom upstairs and an airing cupboard which is actually really good for drying clothes and saves money on tumble dryers.

Downstairs is room A (which is directly below room D, so it's pretty big too) and room B which is average size. The kitchen is at the end of the hallway and generally is pretty small....well...for 5 people it is anyways, but generally your not all in it at the same time so it's alright.

There's a downstairs loo too, as well as a downstairs cupboard and another cupboard in the kitchen which has got things like irons and ironing boards and mops etc.

Hey, sorry to butt in here :smile: Do you know what its like in the 6 bed houses then?
And if anyone knows about the Parkwood Flats can I ask the same question? :biggrin:
Original post by NormalsWeird
And if anyone knows about the Parkwood Flats can I ask the same question? :biggrin:

Assuming the Parkwood Flats are identical to the Tyler C Flats in layout (which I think they are - or have been told they are), you will have a door at one end of the flat with the rooms on both sides of the corridor (in our flat, ABCD were on the same side as the main door and kitchen, EFGHI were on the other side), and the kitchen at the other end. There are fire doors at each end of the corridor, which lead into the neighbouring flats. These are locked unless there is a problem with the doors after the fire alarms are tested.

Kitchens have two cookers, two fridge freezers, two sinks. Enough cupboards for everyone to have a top cupboard and a bottom cupboard each. Table with enough chairs, and a cupboard containing a mop/iron etc.

Bedrooms have the en suite next to the bedroom door, and then it leads into the main bit of the room. All the rooms are identical in size. The end room in our flat (I, opposite the main door, and A, the next door room in the other flat, again opposite the main door) began slightly back from the main run of rooms, but are still the same size, they just begin a bit further back, and end a bit further back.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by beffnee
Assuming the Parkwood Flats are identical to the Tyler C Flats in layout (which I think they are - or have been told they are), you will have a door at one end of the flat with the rooms on both sides of the corridor (in our flat, ABCD were on the same side as the main door and kitchen, EFGHI were on the other side), and the kitchen at the other end. There are fire doors at each end of the corridor, which lead into the neighbouring flats. These are locked unless there is a problem with the doors after the fire alarms are tested.

Kitchens have two cookers, two fridge freezers, two sinks. Enough cupboards for everyone to have a top cupboard and a bottom cupboard each. Table with enough chairs, and a cupboard containing a mop/iron etc.

Bedrooms have the en suite next to the bedroom door, and then it leads into the main bit of the room. All the rooms are identical in size. The end room in our flat (I, opposite the main door, and A, the next door room in the other flat, again opposite the main door) began slightly back from the main run of rooms, but are still the same size, they just begin a bit further back, and end a bit further back.

Thank you that's brilliant! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Parwood Flats have 6 rooms, A,B and C on the same side as the kitchen, D,E and F on the opposite side next to the storage room. The number you get is your flat number and the letter is your room. So Stock 3D is Stock Court, Flat 3, Room D. Does anyone know how this works for woolf accommodation. As they have for example, A5/C??
Original post by 01taylop
Parwood Flats have 6 rooms, A,B and C on the same side as the kitchen, D,E and F on the opposite side next to the storage room. The number you get is your flat number and the letter is your room. So Stock 3D is Stock Court, Flat 3, Room D. Does anyone know how this works for woolf accommodation. As they have for example, A5/C??

Block A, Flat 5, Room C
I think :smile:
Apparently my house is an 8 bed house! Grimshill court! Anyone know the layout of an 8 bed house at parkwood?
Reply 9
Original post by VickiSellwood
Apparently my house is an 8 bed house! Grimshill court! Anyone know the layout of an 8 bed house at parkwood?

Grimshill Court is a 5 bed house.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10

It isn't; it seems to be extremely mixed. I'm a 5 bed house, but there's quite a few 6 room houses (or at least they're being charged the price of 6 :P)

I already know of 6 people that are in the house (including myself), and someone else in my house has been allocated room 'G', which she thought was weird, so she phoned up, and apparently we are an 8 bed house! :/
Reply 12
I already know of 6 people that are in the house (including myself), and someone else in my house has been allocated room 'G', which she thought was weird, so she phoned up, and apparently we are an 8 bed house! :/

How crazy. It was the court behind mine so I just assumed it had the same amount of rooms... :confused:
How crazy. It was the court behind mine so I just assumed it had the same amount of rooms... :confused:

Oh really? :/ So the house looks the same size? Ah! Hope its not completely cramped! Or there has been a mistake, as I only know of 6 of us so far who are actually in the house!
Reply 14
Oh really? :/ So the house looks the same size? Ah! Hope its not completely cramped! Or there has been a mistake, as I only know of 6 of us so far who are actually in the house!

Grimshill just seems to be weird and has a variety. Looking at google maps, the houses are different sizes :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by Blazara
Grimshill just seems to be weird and has a variety. Looking at google maps, the houses are different sizes :tongue:

Never thought of going on google maps. Does street view work for inside PW?
Reply 16
Never thought of going on google maps. Does street view work for inside PW?

No :frown:
Ooh google maps! Good idea :smile:
Hey,

Anyone know what the 6 bed Parkwood Houses are like please? =] xxx
Does anyone know layout of Parkwood Flats Twin rooms? Where are they located (Kemsdale/Nickle/Stock/Bossenden)? How many people are there in flats with Twin rooms?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending