The Student Room Group

Fiance went out with friend for few beers, I wasn't invited..9 hours later and..?

They are still out, and invited one of my fiance's female friends out, I asked where they were and I'll join was told I'm not allowed...

They tried to invite a girl his friend fancied and I said well I'll come too cos you can't be there like a third wheel (and I'm sitting bored and alone in our house ) and he said she was busy so it was just them.

Few hours later I call and he said they are waiting for a different girl to arrive

Am I right to be very angry at his friend and my fiance for not inviting me and for inviting another girl and yet not me as well?

Scroll to see replies

Seems like you'd be a c0ckblock and thus is the reason why you're not out.

Just get a PS3/Xbox and be done with boredom.
Perhaps they are planning a surprise party for you
Reply 3
Original post by Lyndon1504

Such a surprise I don't get an invite? New way to look at surprise party I guess...
Original post by Anonymous
Such a surprise I don't get an invite? New way to look at surprise party I guess...

You wouldn't be invited if they met up to plan something for you!
Either that, or your fiance could be his friends wingman, and thinks you could cockblock his friend from getting some action.
Reply 5
Original post by Lyndon1504

Yeah this is what i thought too... I figured they were planning a surprise party for you, any significant dates coming up soon?
Original post by mikerc92
Yeah this is what i thought too... I figured they were planning a surprise party for you, any significant dates coming up soon?

The date her boyfriend cheats on her is coming up soon (tonight).
Reply 7
you should be angry and i doubt its going to be a surprise party for you, the only surprise hes going to come home with is a STD lol
Reply 8
what happened since that night? any update?
Reply 9
Original post by mikerc92
what happened since that night? any update?

He came home with his friend at about 1am, the girl drove them, my fiance's friend said he's staying at out house that night, I said you're not really..are you??
He got mad and left (which I was glad of if I'm honest)
Fiance won't tell me much just how much they drank and ate, and that they played pool
wouldnt put up with that ****
OP: stop being paranoid and clingy. Your fiancé is allowed to go out with his friends and chill without you.

Advice for married life: have your own hobbies and group of friends to go out with. Otherwise things are going to get stale and you'll be the wife who feels unfulfilled and he'll be the husband who feels nagged and resentful.
Reply 12
Original post by the cake lady
OP: stop being paranoid and clingy. Your fiancé is allowed to go out with his friends and chill without you.

Advice for married life: have your own hobbies and group of friends to go out with. Otherwise things are going to get stale and you'll be the wife who feels unfulfilled and he'll be the husband who feels nagged and resentful.

Yeahh people look at marriage the wrong way. If you don't trust him, you don't deserve the marriage 'title'.
It's a sacred thing, so don't pursue what you're not ready for in the hope that it will make the situation improve. You have a lot of insecurity issues or trust issues on his part to deal with.
Reply 13
Wow, clingy much?

If I was your fiance and I saw this thread it would definately give me second thoughts.

If you're getting obsessive over him doing something without you now how much worse are you going to be when you're married and you feel he owes you 100% of his free time? Which, btw, he doesn't. If you can't do things apart without worrying you will have a bad marriage.

Maybe he wanted a night out with his mate, as a wingman, and you would have been a cockblock (or killjoy in that specific situation- would you want him there in every single situation you enjoy with your friends? Not a bad thing). Or maybe he just wanted a night out without his fiance, what's wrong with that?
It doesn't mean he doesn't want to have nights out with you- just that he doesn't ONLY want nights out with you. Going out for drinks is different depending on who your with and maybe he needed a different night?

And if you're now assuming a different night means he's keeping things from you, or that he shouldn't feel like he can't do some things if you're there; or even that if he's doing things that he can't do with you he shouldn't want to do those things, then

You are a ****ing terrible girlfriend and fiance, with very little understanding of your partner.

Get over yourself, stop feeling rejected and start getting your own life so you don't end up jealous of your fiance.

Marriage and relationships is about sharing your lives not merging them.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
So you're engaged but he's not allowed to go out on his own?

He should be the one angry at you for pestering him all night. Think of it this way, if you went out with a friend, who then wanted to invite someone she was interested in, you'd be getting pissed off with him for pestering you. Get some hobbies and things you can do by yourself, or he'll get fed up and jump ship with your life revolving round him
Reply 15
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
wouldnt put up with that ****

but your blokey isn't allowed out the house to the shop even without you. you even listen outside the door if he goes for a dump i beieve? you wont even get a job so you dont have to leave him on his own for a minute. poor guy
Original post by dawny dee
but your blokey isn't allowed out the house to the shop even without you. you even listen outside the door if he goes for a dump i beieve? you wont even get a job so you dont have to leave him on his own for a minute. poor guy

you believe wrong and we both have jobs :biggrin:
Maybe the few drinks are taking place in another country...
Reply 18
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
you believe wrong and we both have jobs :biggrin:

yes but you dont actually go out to work do you? you sell tat on ebay so i believe and spend the rest of the time on forums and eating iceland crap and foot long subs.so, you are together 24/7 and have been for years.
Reply 19
you not up yet ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending