The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath 2012 Applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
Original post by Nikstar95
Well...I had a similar prob. the ticket prices arnd 21st to 24th are much higher compared to other days... so thats y im flyin on the 17th.... n will stay at my cousins place in london... although u can come in on the 20th n then go to bath on the 22nd.... n yes u will be missing the welcome party... n mostly the tour n stuff that happens on the first 2 days... and since ur an international student... u may applyfor the linc program and if u do it is vital that u attend the welcome party on 24th!!

:biggrin: Hope i helped!! :smile:

Thanks :smile: I expected to hear that it would be better to come earlier :biggrin: I was asking because I'm travelling with friends, but they don't think those 2 days are important. Now I'm gonna use your answer as a proof :biggrin:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by kvvn93
Thanks :smile: I expected to hear that it would be better to come earlier :biggrin: I was asking because I'm travelling with friends, but they don't think those 2 days are important. Now I'm gonna use your answer as a proof :biggrin:

Proof!!! :awesome::bigsmile: <-- my reaction!! :wink:

happy to help!! although a +1 wuld make me happier!! :tongue:
Reply 1422
Proof!!! :awesome::bigsmile: <-- my reaction!! :wink:

happy to help!! although a +1 wuld make me happier!! :tongue:

I'd be glad to, but I can't give you a +1 right now cause I already did that in the accommodation thread and it's not letting me do it again so soon :smile:
Reply 1423
Didn't know where to post this, but here goes.. :P

I've got Bath down as my Insurance choice, and received an email today about 'potential eligibility for funding from the University...'.

It tells me to log onto the Application Tracker and complete the "'Means Tested Benefit Details' section in the 'University of Bath Financial Support Package' area." However, I can't find the Financial Support Package area anywhere on the Tracker? :s-smilie:

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Should I email admissions for further help?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1424
Original post by JoshC.

I've got Bath down as my Insurance choice, and received an email today about 'potential eligibility for funding from the University...'.

It tells me to log onto the Application Tracker and complete the "'Means Tested Benefit Details' section in the 'University of Bath Financial Support Package' area." However, I can't find the Financial Support Package area anywhere on the Tracker? :s-smilie:

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Should I email admissions for further help?

yeah email them if you can't find it

I can't even remember my username so I will have to email them about that 1st.....
Reply 1425
place has been confirmed for Bath after they received my results a couple weeks ago, studying Social Work and Applied Social Studies :smile: anyone else similiar? Also applied to stay in Norwood accomm, any ideas when we find out for sure?

Original post by JoshC.

Having same problem and I'm a firm student. Might email them if it doesn't come up soon.
Reply 1427
I've got this email today

Date: Wednesday 1 August 2012

Dear ...,

In order to assess your potential eligibility for funding from the University of Bath Financial Support Package we need to collect data from you about any welfare/means tested benefits you/your parents/partner or spouse are in receipt of.

Please log into your Bath Application Tracker at http://www.bath.ac.uk/applicant and complete the 'Means Tested Benefit Details' section in the 'University of Bath Financial Support Package' area.

Please ensure that you complete this section even if you are not in receipt of any benefits.

If you have previouly studied at another Higher Education Institution, but did not complete your course and are moving to the University of Bath expecting your tution fees to be £3465 you will not be eligible for our 2012 financial support package please email the Student Finance Office at [email protected]

Further details of our 2012 Funding Package including the terms and conditions guidance for the award scheme can be found at http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/funding/fee-waivers/index.html

Kind Regards
Admissions Team

I've logged in onto Application Tracker, but what do I go on next? It's a bit confusing.
I just got that same email - I'm 99% sure I don't qualify for any support - do I not need to worry about that?
Original post by Dan H
Haha nice! I'm from Redditch :unimpressed: what course have you applied for?

Maths, you?

Sorry about the slow reply... like the majority, I am majorly active during exams then my activity here sort of drops :colondollar:
Reply 1430
Original post by Mathematix
Maths, you?

Sorry about the slow reply... like the majority, I am majorly active during exams then my activity here sort of drops :colondollar:

Haha its alright, no need to apologise! Yeah I only check the 'Who quoted me' section on the right every few days so it's no problem at all.
Nice, I've applied for Sport & Exercise Science, can't wait! :h:
I've just logged onto the portal and same here, no section saying 'Funding Eliglibility' or whatever....I'm confused :/
Original post by Hols94
place has been confirmed for Bath after they received my results a couple weeks ago, studying Social Work and Applied Social Studies :smile: anyone else similiar? Also applied to stay in Norwood accomm, any ideas when we find out for sure?

U'll probably get confirmation for accommodation after the results are out thats arnd mid-aug!! :biggrin:

:colone: I got my confirmation .... becoz i had an unconditional offer!! :awesome:
Reply 1433
Can someone please tell me what exactly is considered means tested benefits? :smile: I have no idea. :confused:
U'll probably get confirmation for accommodation after the results are out thats arnd mid-aug!! :biggrin:

:colone: I got my confirmation .... becoz i had an unconditional offer!! :awesome:

Have you been told which accomodation you've been given?? I've got an unconditional and still haven't heard :frown:

scratch that, marls&sols woooo
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by rachel0593
Have you been told which accomodation you've been given?? I've got an unconditional and still haven't heard :frown:

Well they did not say it directly... but my application was for Marl/Sols n it was clearly written "allocated"... so its really like 2+2=4 :biggrin:

They wont get in touch with u till the A-level results get out!! so dont worry!! :smile:

Hope I helped!!! :banana:
Reply 1436
Original post by Hols94

You're gonna be doing the same course as me! :smile:. If you check the accommodation portal, it should state if your 'status' has changed. Mine now just says 'Allocated' but I haven't heard anything directly from Bath.
Well they did not say it directly... but my application was for Marl/Sols n it was clearly written "allocated"... so its really like 2+2=4 :biggrin:

They wont get in touch with u till the A-level results get out!! so dont worry!! :smile:

Hope I helped!!! :banana:

I just got an email (cause I did my A-levels last year) saying i'm in marl/sols!! marlborough to be exact :biggrin:
Reply 1438
I received an accommodation contract! :biggrin:

F*** yeah! :biggrin:
has anyone applied for the sports package yet (it's free) I definitely want to do make use of the sports facilities if i get the grades to go bath, and you can apply now but it asks for address which i'm not sure if it would be alright to give my current address or just to wait until accomodation is confirmed and give the address of wherever I may be living in september

Quick Reply

Latest