The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath 2012 Applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
Anyone who is unable to find the 'Means Tested Benefit' thingy... I've found it but not yet completed it myself. Its on the Bath SAMiS portal https://www.bath.ac.uk/samis/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_lgn once you've logged on you can see your messages from Bath on the right and 'University of Bath Financial Support Package' on the left, below that is the 'Means Tested Benefit Details', click on this and it takes you to the questionnaire......

Well that's how I found it anyway! :smile: hope this helps some of you!
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by stifa
I received an accommodation contract! :biggrin:

F*** yeah! :biggrin:

Original post by rachel0593
I just got an email (cause I did my A-levels last year) saying i'm in marl/sols!! marlborough to be exact :biggrin:

Me tooo I got one for Marl too!!

My room number is MB 7.2 ..... anybody my floormate yet :P

:banana: I feel good tada tada da da da... ohh I feel good tada tada da da... ohh yea ... uh huh.... I feel good!!! :banana2:
Original post by Nikstar95
Me tooo I got one for Marl too!!

My room number is MB 7.2 ..... anybody my floormate yet :P

:banana: I feel good tada tada da da da... ohh I feel good tada tada da da... ohh yea ... uh huh.... I feel good!!! :banana2:

MC 5.4 sorry!
MC 5.4 sorry!

Awwww!!!! :frown:

Atleast we are in the same building!!! :smile:
Original post by ccfcadam36
has anyone applied for the sports package yet (it's free) I definitely want to do make use of the sports facilities if i get the grades to go bath, and you can apply now but it asks for address which i'm not sure if it would be alright to give my current address or just to wait until accomodation is confirmed and give the address of wherever I may be living in september

Wer can u apply for this?? I'm very keen on playin a lot of sports while I'm at Bath!! And I already have confirmed my admission and I have my accommodation address!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: .... So I guess I can complete the form!!!

Thanks!! :smile:
Wer can u apply for this?? I'm very keen on playin a lot of sports while I'm at Bath!! And I already have confirmed my admission and I have my accommodation address!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: .... So I guess I can complete the form!!!

Thanks!! :smile:

When I logged out of the accommodation tracker it was at the bottom of the page, it's good that we get to use it for free because I think that current students had to pay for it, however of you want to use the gym it's £209 for the year I think

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1446
MC ### sorry!

Me too!

(cencored in case some mods find it inappropriate to post such info.)

EDIT: oops... it was D instead of C :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by stifa
Me too!

(cencored in case some mods find it inappropriate to post such info.)

EDIT: oops... it was D instead of C :colondollar:

HEHEHE!!! thats funny u hav a MD ... I have a MB and rachel has a MC!! Wondering who has a MA!! :P
Original post by ccfcadam36
When I logged out of the accommodation tracker it was at the bottom of the page, it's good that we get to use it for free because I think that current students had to pay for it, however of you want to use the gym it's £209 for the year I think

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Ohh!! yea i found it.... thanks!!!

and i dont think the students had to pay last yr to use the facilities... such as the squash court or badminton.... although i think they had to pay for the tennis court!!! and any extra classes!! :smile:

Thanks again!!! Hope to see u at bath!! :biggrin:
Reply 1449
HEHEHE!!! thats funny u hav a MD ... I have a MB and rachel has a MC!! Wondering who has a MA!! :P

How do you interpret these numbers anyway?
M(Floor)-(Flat)(Room) or something?
Original post by stifa
How do you interpret these numbers anyway?
M(Floor)-(Flat)(Room) or something?

Welll!!! Honestly speakin I hav no clue but .... a shot in the dark would be

M= Marlborough
B= wing/ jus random letter
7.2= floor/flat no.7 n room no. 2

Although I read through the links that they hav given in the contract... n its written that they dont allocate the rooms yet... they just allocate a place in the accommodation i.e. I dont actually own a room yet... they will allocate me a room wen I reach on 22nd... i only own a spot in Marlborough!!! :biggrin:

Hope I helped!!! :smile:
Reply 1451
Welll!!! Honestly speakin I hav no clue but .... a shot in the dark would be

M= Marlborough
B= wing/ jus random letter
7.2= floor/flat no.7 n room no. 2

Although I read through the links that they hav given in the contract... n its written that they dont allocate the rooms yet... they just allocate a place in the accommodation i.e. I dont actually own a room yet... they will allocate me a room wen I reach on 22nd... i only own a spot in Marlborough!!! :biggrin:

Hope I helped!!! :smile:

After seeing images of Marl/Sols, I notice that they've only got four levels, so I'd assume that A is ground, B is first, C is second and D is third.
http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/types/campus/marlborough-court/index.html

Your an international student right? Do we really need to pay it all in one installment?
Original post by stifa
After seeing images of Marl/Sols, I notice that they've only got four levels, so I'd assume that A is ground, B is first, C is second and D is third.
http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/types/campus/marlborough-court/index.html

Your an international student right? Do we really need to pay it all in one installment?

No, the letters refer to the staircases :smile:
Reply 1453
Original post by Architecture-er
No, the letters refer to the staircases :smile:

Oh I see... I was just making assumptions. I do that at times. :colondollar:

Could you explain the room numbering then? :smile:
Original post by stifa
Oh I see... I was just making assumptions. I do that at times. :colondollar:

Could you explain the room numbering then? :smile:

Haha it's ok, I had no idea how the numbering system worked until I arrived at my accommodation block :colondollar:

If it's the same as Brendon Court, then the first number refers to the floor, and the second refers to the room number, as Nikstar said iirc :smile:

What're you guys studying then?
Reply 1455
Computer Systems Engineering :colone:
Original post by stifa
Computer Systems Engineering :colone:

... can you help fix my laptop :colone:
For Marl/Sols the numbers are M/S= marls or sols, the letter is the block or stairways, the first number if the flat (there are 2 flats per floor, 4 floors) and the last number is the room (5-7 in a flat)
Just want to clarify something before results day...if we have to call the uni/s to confirm an offer or for clearing, which number do we call? The uni/the department/the admissions tutor/another number? :s-smilie: Or is there a special number for this?

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:

And good luck in two weeks to my fellow A-Level'ers! :smile:
Original post by Tantail
Just want to clarify something before results day...if we have to call the uni/s to confirm an offer or for clearing, which number do we call? The uni/the department/the admissions tutor/another number? :s-smilie: Or is there a special number for this?

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:

And good luck in two weeks to my fellow A-Level'ers! :smile:

Clearing?

Quick Reply

Latest