The Student Room Group

Medical schools: earliest interview dates

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joemullally
Wow first time round i picked Sotton and BSMS too.
(on top of leeds and pms)

do you think certain types of students pick certain types of uni's ?

Maybee because the course appeals/ entry reqs suit them?

Yea of course, different types of learners with different personalities choose different medical schools. I avoided PBL the first time, and tried to go for substantial clinical contact. Second time I went for modern course, more PBL or group work in general and wanted even more early clinical. I discovered that I was(still am) a strong independent and group learner over my gap year.

If I knew what I now know I would never have applied that year. Average GCSE's, Piss poor ukcat and only AAB prediction what was I expecting lol. Yea, entry requirements as well, as without them we would never even get a look in.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by stroppyninja
Although it is exceptionally stupid to use med school interviews as practices, I more or less did. Not intentionally, but having had an interview made me feel a lot more relaxed and calm in the following ones.

I never really did any interview practice either beyond reading the Preparing for Interview book - I didn't want to feel too rehearsed and wanted my answers to have some element of spontaneity.

I got 3 interviews, and the only place I got a place at was the first one I interviewed at. Go figure.
Original post by TwilightKnight
I never really did any interview practice either beyond reading the Preparing for Interview book - I didn't want to feel too rehearsed and wanted my answers to have some element of spontaneity.

I got 3 interviews, and the only place I got a place at was the first one I interviewed at. Go figure.

That book is the one-stop-interview-prep shop, that is all anyone needs.
Original post by carcinoma
That book is the one-stop-interview-prep shop, that is all anyone needs.

I know, but basically what I'm saying is I didn't go overboard and do practice interviews and such in the fear of sounding rehearsed.

I wanted to make sure that my answers were my own, so while I used the book to get a guide line, I did my own research on the state of the NHS, current issues with Doctors and Nurses, etc.

It either worked or Manchesters' interview was so different to the normal medical interviews it didn't matter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending