The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i had ZSR circumcision 2 days back..still the dressing is there... am worried about sensitivity..how many weeks it took for u to completely feel normal ?? hows ur sex life after circumcision ?
It's 21th day after circumcisionWhen I touch the gland of penis there is no hypersensitiveBut when it gets rubbed to cloth there is painHow many more days would it take to get desensitize
Hi. Does any if you circumcised guys feel the pain under the penis (frenulum area) after intercourse?
Original post by Sudarshanj4
It's 21th day after circumcisionWhen I touch the gland of penis there is no hypersensitiveBut when it gets rubbed to cloth there is painHow many more days would it take to get desensitize

It should take another week
Now after day one of circumcision, I start to feel anxious in every movement. Anyone with the same experience, please? How long will it take to go back to normal life?
Thanks a lot to the man who mentioned about manhood. After researching a little on manhood, I created similar thing to manhood by cutting some pieces from my own underwear. And it turned out to be really helpful for my 3rd post op day. On this day, surgeon removed some of the dressing and the hypersensitivity is really nightmare. I can't walk properly. Now, by doing the above mentioned method, I can behave quite normally.
Original post by luke9381
HYPERSENSITIVITY? Read this - I was circumcised as an adult, I had it done in January this year to cure me of stubborn Balanitis. After the surgery my glans was super sensitive too. Literally any slight contact from my clothing was very painful. Sleeping was a nightmare, taking a shower was difficult, even walking presented a problem. I didn't go to work for 3 weeks afterwards. At the time I thought I was going to be stuck like that forever. I'd be in my 60's and still struggling to pull my underwear up without wincing. Well now we're in September and I can honestly say I feel like my old self again. Its taken time, but the ridiculous sensitivity I used to suffer from has all but disappeared. I can walk, move, sleep, shower and f*ck like I did before the operation. If you are suffering with hypersensitivity after a circumcision know that it will reduce over time. To make day to day life more bearable in the meantime Google search "manhood". Its a foreskin substitute which I purchased and have worn for the last 8 months. It protects your glans while it heals and for me it got me back to normal life much quicker than patience alone. The manhood is not marketed for this purpose, but it worked really well in my circumstances. I went from thinking about my **** every minute of the day, back to being able to focus on work, study, life in general and forgetting I'd had a circ or was wearing an artificial foreskin - it is that good. I would really recommend you buy a couple of them if you're in the same boat I was in. I know how awful hypersensitivity can be, this product will make a big difference in your life while you heal naturally from the operation. And no, I don't work for them.

Really helpful. I made my own piece quite similar to manhood. Immediately effective.
If i knew it was gonna take months to years to recover i would not have done it ! The pain was incredible during and after the surgery .The head is swollen and extremely sensitive , never felt this uncomfortable in my life ..... i really hope i recover cause i feel helpless and stuck right now with nothing else to do but wait and suffer
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by KenselWan
If i knew it was gonna take months to years to recover i would not have done it ! The pain was incredible during and after the surgery .The head is swollen and extremely sensitive , never felt this uncomfortable in my life ..... i really hope i recover cause i feel helpless and stuck right now with nothing else to do but wait and suffer

It'll likely take 4 weeks to become comfortable and 8 weeks to fully heal.

Any form of surgery you have will be similar.

Circumcision can be particularly unnerving as it's on your bits and you generally have arranged for the surgery yourself (as opposed to it being an emergency procedure). A "what have I done" moment is not rare. Most men who have a circumcision do not regret it once it has fully healed.

Feeling like this is common but this is it at its worst. As you say - you just have to give it time.

Talk to your pharmacy if you're still experiencing pain and pop into the doctors if you have any concerns regarding healing.
(edited 5 years ago)
My doc said the over sensitivity goes away after 1 or 2 weeks . You are sensitive because of the procedure handling mostly .stop the bleedinga with gauze pads for 10 minutes . Healing depends on each and everyones body theres no exact time . What i do know is first week is the worst , second weeks starts healing properly . By 21 to 30 days it should be 100% haled , resume masturbation and sex after another 2 - 3 weeks to be sure .
Hey is that okay now? And how much did it took to desensitize?
Hi after a year I would like to know how long it did take to desensitise if possible...?? I had done due to phimosis a day short of 3 weeks now and still can’t touch the head or let it touch anything so I have not been able to even wear boxers or anything for this 3 weeks and I am starting to feel like I will never be able to wear clothes again. It is really getting me down and need to go back to work which I can’t see happening anytime soon. I just wish I never got it done now and just want to get back to normal life ASAP.....
It took about a month, but you should wear some loose fitting cotton boxers - I was lucky enough to be working from home and didn’t move much during that time, but still let things touch the head. Not a pleasant experience but it helps recovery if you are exposing it to various things.

I have a sensitive bit on the top side (facing me) just on the scar line which I think will be there for the remainder of my time here on Earth. But it hasn’t affected much else. I’d say you’d be fully back to normal in a year. I was able to walk around and do things/go out after about 6 weeks.
Original post by AnonymousSg1992
Hi after a year I would like to know how long it did take to desensitise if possible...?? I had done due to phimosis a day short of 3 weeks now and still can’t touch the head or let it touch anything so I have not been able to even wear boxers or anything for this 3 weeks and I am starting to feel like I will never be able to wear clothes again. It is really getting me down and need to go back to work which I can’t see happening anytime soon. I just wish I never got it done now and just want to get back to normal life ASAP.....
Thanks for the reply mate, I really wish I could put anything on but the pain of anything touching the head is unbearable (scratching sensation)....I just really wish I didn’t get it done although it was needed
Original post by Anonymous
It took about a month, but you should wear some loose fitting cotton boxers - I was lucky enough to be working from home and didn’t move much during that time, but still let things touch the head. Not a pleasant experience but it helps recovery if you are exposing it to various things.

I have a sensitive bit on the top side (facing me) just on the scar line which I think will be there for the remainder of my time here on Earth. But it hasn’t affected much else. I’d say you’d be fully back to normal in a year. I was able to walk around and do things/go out after about 6 weeks.
Reply 34
How much time will it take for sensitivity to go
About 6 weeks
Original post by prnitt
How much time will it take for sensitivity to go
I’m on day 12 post-circumcision.

Experienced no real pain since the op but the tip of my penis at the very top of my frenulum is hyper-sensitive when touched. When it rubs against anything I get a sharp sensation which is very uncomfortable. Erections are also uncomfortable and wake me up at night.

I went back to office work on the Monday after the surgery (Thursday) and have just been grinning and bearing it since.

Main relief comes from wearing nothing in the evenings and at night, and positioning my penis so that nothing touches the most sensitive part.

It’s not been much fun but I had BXO and had suffered with very painful retraction just to clean, without ever being able to retract fully when erect.

Circumcision was the only option available to me and while I’m still getting used to my new look, I’ve got to say, so far, it’s been nowhere near as bad as I had feared.Hope everyone else’s recovery is getting better with time.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by monster.delhi
i had ZSR circumcision 2 days back..still the dressing is there... am worried about sensitivity..how many weeks it took for u to completely feel normal ?? hows ur sex life after circumcision ?

Hi, i just wanna ask you exactly the same same. After your ZSR Circumcision how your sexual experience did you loss sensitivity/delayed orgasm? Thanks
Original post by Sudarshanj4

Hi, i just wanna ask you After your Circumcision how your sexual experience did you loss sensitivity/delayed orgasm? Thanks
Original post by Anonymous

Hi, i just wanna ask you After your Circumcision how your sexual experience did you loss sensitivity/delayed orgasm? Thanks

Latest