The Student Room Group

South Africa

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by aismith
Does anybody know whether South African degrees are recognised? I'd love to study there but have heard so many conflicting opinions..
My mum's friend, who is South African herself, said that they aren't recognised, however she has no proof of this and I haven't found anything to back this up from the internet.
I've researched South African universities as a whole too, and the University of Cape Town is 198th in the world, and UNISA and the University of Pretoria are also in the top 500. So, although these aren't in the leagues of Cambridge, Harvard and the like, considering the thousands of Universities in the world, that isn't too bad? Or am I really wrong here?
So I was just wondering if anyone knew... :

Hi, don't know whether you ended up going to university in South Africa. I'm currently doing my A-Levels and thinking of applying to UCT to start studying in February 2015. I have been to South Africa several times and have family friends in Cape Town. Just wanted to know what you ended up doing and if you are studying/ or have studied in South Africa do you have any advice for the application process or living and studying in South Africa :smile: Thanks in advance for any info!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending