Turn on thread page Beta

Noumenal Moment watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever had a noumenal moment?
    What was it like?
    What did you see, learn etc?

ReputationRep:
    new question - does anyone know what a noumenal moment is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    I'm afraid to say i don't know what is

ReputationRep:
    No :confused:

ReputationRep:
    A "thing in itself".

ReputationRep:
    hehe - it's ok - i wouldn't have known either - ok lets see if I can explain it right.

It's basically like a vision or something - you have insight into something but you don't know where it comes from - it only lasts a few seconds apparently.

hold on - i will try to find a better definition

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I don't either. Please enlighten us?

ReputationRep:
    hehe - it's ok - i wouldn't have known either - ok lets see if I can explain it right.

It's basically like a vision or something - you have insight into something but you don't know where it comes from - it only lasts a few seconds apparently.

No i think it's a good explanation. Don't we all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    yes agreed - good work kate

ReputationRep:
    lol - that's good - i can't find it anywhere else

ReputationRep:
    aww so no one has then?

i guess we are all a bit too young

ReputationRep:

like a dream....but of something spacific....i once "dreamed" that me and a girl from school(who im not that friendly with which was the first thing) were in this city (which i didnt know at all).... later when i told my dad and described the place he said it was chester and then on asking mates where shed gone to uni....it turned out to be chester.

i dont even know where chester is...let alone thsat she was going there!!!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    like a dream....but of something spacific....i once "dreamed" that me and a girl from school(who im not that friendly with which was the first thing) were in this city (which i didnt know at all).... later when i told my dad and described the place he said it was chester and then on asking mates where shed gone to uni....it turned out to be chester.

i dont even know where chester is...let alone thsat she was going there!!!

love Katy ***
    But from your dreams how could you describe enough details to distinguish a city?

Maybe seeing some TV/magazine and the descriptions stuck? Also ever dreamt of 2776 in Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    it's more like a waking dream - lasts a very short time. it's like very deep insight into something e.g. how we came to be here etc - mainly answers to philosophical questions i think.

can be seen in Keats' odes

ReputationRep:

Keats...i'm beginning to resent studying him. The fascination with his poetry has faded.

ReputationRep:
    it's more like a waking dream - lasts a very short time. it's like very deep insight into something e.g. how we came to be here etc - mainly answers to philosophical questions i think.

coleridge - Xanadu - that is pretty surreal

ReputationRep:
    Keats...i'm beginning to resent studying him. The fascination with his poetry has faded.
    what even 'to Autumn'? that is my favourite poem by him - such opulence in the lines - so rich and thick with description and sumptuous verse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    what even 'to Autumn'? that is my favourite poem by him - such opulence in the lines - so rich and thick with description and sumptuous verse
    only looked at ode on a grecian urn and ode to a nightingale - personally i hate Keats, but it was a good example of a noumenal moments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    But from your dreams how could you describe enough details to distinguish a city?
    Hollyoaks is set in Chester, that might be how she is able to know it...

ReputationRep:
    on the subject of english, did anyone watch Killing Mr Griffith last night- the plot being a group of high school students kidnap the english teacher in an attempt to get him back for demeaning them but alas, he died for not taking his heart pills. It is a message to us all!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2004
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.