The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stephhyy
Hey guys, umm I'm new I've got 6 exams this summer term - what about you lots? Also, have any of you started revising yet? Can anyone help me with some revision tips please?

I have 7 exams(3 Science Exams,1 Maths,1 Geography,1 RE and 1 English Lit)

I revised 8 hrs on one day but nothing else-so lazy:colondollar:

If you really want to do well you could use this method:
write an essay on each of the different topics,without a revision guide,about what you know on the topic and then find out what you don't know and revise it because this method will stop you wasting time on things you know and understand-I don't though because I really can't be bothered and just work with the textbook but I feel the method will work if you want to work hard for revision.
I'm Nigerian too :smile: But, I'm lightskinned as I am not fully Nigerian, I am an eighth Egyptian but I just say I am full Nigerian. :cool:

Yeah, i'm basically light skinned. my mum is a quarter Irish, so i'm basically black but yeah, people find it hard to believe i'm basically fully nigerian but yeah. i guess

Hey guys, umm I'm new I've got 6 exams this summer term - what about you lots? Also, have any of you started revising yet? Can anyone help me with some revision tips please?

I've got 7 exams and ony revised an equivalent to about 1/2 hours.. yup i'm Lazy
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2382
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Hi there :smile: What subjects do you have exams in?

You can find a thread full of subject specific tips here. :smile:

I'm back from getting all my DofE stuff. My rucksack is mahooooosive. :tongue:

I've got Maths Unit 2, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History and Expressive Arts and I also have 2 controlled assesments in like 2 weeks.
Reply 2383
I've only like revised today for like 2 hours I am really lazy also, I'm predicted A*'s in all my subjects but i find it really hard to revise :frown:
I've got Maths Unit 2, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History and Expressive Arts and I also have 2 controlled assesments in like 2 weeks.

Good luck! :smile:

I've only like revised today for like 2 hours I am really lazy also, I'm predicted A*'s in all my subjects but i find it really hard to revise :frown:

Don't worry about it, I haven't revised at all yet :colondollar:
Reply 2385
Original post by Dalek1099
I have 7 exams(3 Science Exams,1 Maths,1 Geography,1 RE and 1 English Lit)

I revised 8 hrs on one day but nothing else-so lazy:colondollar:

If you really want to do well you could use this method:
write an essay on each of the different topics,without a revision guide,about what you know on the topic and then find out what you don't know and revise it because this method will stop you wasting time on things you know and understand-I don't though because I really can't be bothered and just work with the textbook but I feel the method will work if you want to work hard for revision.

You've got English lit? An actual exam or is it a controlled assessment?

Also, how many controlled assessments have you guys done?
Reply 2386
Original post by jennifer.tariah
Yeah, i'm basically light skinned. my mum is a quarter Irish, so i'm basically black but yeah, people find it hard to believe i'm basically fully nigerian but yeah. i guess

I know right it is really annoying when people go 'omg your not nigerian you can't be'

I've got 7 exams and ony revised an equivalent to about 1/2 hours.. yup i'm Lazy

What exams have you got? I find it hard to revise after 2 hours earlier today i got bored.

Ermmm... can't quite remember. I think about 4

What exams have you got? I find it hard to revise after 2 hours earlier today i got bored.

I only have four external exams (all in Maths), the rest (11 more) are just mocks which I don't care about :tongue:
Revision is too hard.....I made a revision plan and everything but I'm going to have to work like 4 hours every day this week to keep to it.......

And is anyone else finding it hard to distribute revision time equally between subject.....this is the first time I've had loads of exams....

i've got,
R.E.,
R.E.,
Chemistry,
Eng-Lang,
Maths A,
History,
Maths B

Yes i know, STRESS!
My exams: English (think it's language); Music; Biology; Chemistry; Physics.

Not scared about English or Music, but the sciences will be really hard. From the past papers they're really hard, anyway. I'm hopefully going to do more and get used to them like I did with maths earlier this year (you see the same concepts and stuff appearing again and again).

I'm starting proper revision after Easter. I'm not going to revise this week as I want time to relax.

I think at first I'll do one-two hours in each science a week (split apart) and then maybe three hours revision in English and Music (only because they're a lot closer and in May). Though I don't think I can really revise English that much to be honest. Music'll need revision as I have a rubbish teacher and I need to make sure I obviously know everything. When English and Music are done, I'll revise a lot more in each science. I'm gonna try and not get stressed though as I was stressed with maths and it was easy (hope I did well - results are next week :L).

Hopefully that'll be an ok plan. If it's not, well... :biggrin:
You've got English lit? An actual exam or is it a controlled assessment?

English Literature is an exam.I have done all the coursework in English Language and Literature,Core Science and German.I have done some coursework in ICT(2 units and some of another),PE(most of one unit) and Business (most of one unit) as well.I have already done 12 External Exams,with another 7 coming in the summer and a french speaking controlled assessment in a few weeks.
Original post by jennifer.tariah
i've got,
R.E.,
R.E.,
Chemistry,
Eng-Lang,
Maths A,
History,
Maths B

Yes i know, STRESS!

2 RE exams-I only have 2 in my full GCSE or are you doing the full GCSE early?
Original post by MangoFreak
Pretty sure English is a language :ahee:

:sly:

I have 11 exams (ok, technically 9, the sheet says I'm entered for Foundation and Higher for German)

Revision: none :awesome:

Can't see it happening. Perhaps for maths, after the frankly embarassing B I got on the mock non-calc. Although I was still the highest in the class :dontknow:

I guess they just don't want to hurt my ego and are deliberately crap in order to achieve that :smug:

Aha, I would never have guessed that it was a language. :wink:

But I'm guessing it's English Language as it's things such as writing to inform, describe etc.

Good luck with your exams (and to everyone else with exams)! I'm sure you'll do fine!! :biggrin:

Revision: none :awesome:

Can't see it happening. Perhaps for maths, after the frankly embarassing B I got on the mock non-calc. Although I was still the highest in the class :dontknow:

This is my problem too. Yesterday my friend asked me how many hours of revision I was averaging per day, I just laughed and said we have a whole month to go.

As you can see, I'm a lovely person :redface:

Original post by Dougieowner

Good luck with your exams (and to everyone else with exams)! I'm sure you'll do fine!! :biggrin:

You too :biggrin:
2 RE exams-I only have 2 in my full GCSE or are you doing the full GCSE early?

Yeah, i am
:colonhash: Alright Mr. Newton.

(He invented calculus)

He made a lot of notation and advances in calculus.

But it was Leibniz who truly invented calculus; minima, maxima, tangents, normals! There's all your differentaition :wink: And he played a big part in trigonometric differentiation,

Go Gottfried.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by GreenLantern1
He made a lot of notation and advances in calculus.

But it was Leibniz who truly invented calculus; minima, maxima, tangents, normals! There's all your differentaition :wink: And he played a big part in trigonometric differentiation,

Go Gottfried.

They both developed it independently. Newton just also did a load of other stuff :awesome: so he's more well known. Parts of Leibniz's notation is what's widely used today, but both of their styles would be laughed at today.
Calculus is meant to be very tough and uses more complex numbers and shapes but Caluclus is more functional than Maths according to this videoCan't wait for A-Level maths even though I know it will be a gi8gantic jump from GCSE,with respectable grade boundaries unlike GCSE.
Calculus is meant to be very tough and uses more complex numbers and shapes but Caluclus is more functional than Maths according to this videoCan't wait for A-Level maths even though I know it will be a gi8gantic jump from GCSE,with respectable grade boundaries unlike GCSE.

...I don't really see what's so difficult. Just finding gradients.

Latest