The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2660
Original post by jennifer.tariah
wow, down here we have sket pages which are facebook pages revealing all the whores in the area. Yuuup! 3/4 of the girls, i know them.

you want to go to uni in America? which were you thinking off?

Yup,either California or Texas =P
Well guys. One of my rare achievements. I have been chosen for the athletics team in my school, I will be High Jumping in the borough tournaments. :yay::yeah:
my highest jump i s 1.65metres
Does anyone else do sports and is in the team?

Plus! what is your favourite athletic event ? and your best time/jump?

I really can't do Athletics.I'm not really good at any sports except darts and racket ports.
okay i amin need of some serious assitence witrh my final spanish controlled assessment ( speaking ) i need to get around at least a B Preferably an A .... will others who also do spanish GCSE or above check my work on this thread please.... thankyou

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=37290902&highlight=spanish
Just got a B in my Chemistry exam and a* for my english speaking and listening. Going to take a break today and hopefully back to studies tomorrow.
Original post by techno836
okay i amin need of some serious assitence witrh my final spanish controlled assessment ( speaking ) i need to get around at least a B Preferably an A .... will others who also do spanish GCSE or above check my work on this thread please.... thankyou

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=37290902&highlight=spanish

Really hate French and Spanish. I recently got a U on my speaking exam.
Original post by Saleemadat

meh i manage to get by but i do understand why you hate it ... its is horrible :frown:
Original post by techno836
meh i manage to get by but i do understand why you hate it ... its is horrible :frown:

It is very stressful and you have to work hard and revise.I like the exams better than coursework even though you normally get higher grades because they are a lot less stressing.French Speaking exam on Friday,I think I have leant my stuff.
Original post by Dalek1099
It is very stressful and you have to work hard and revise.I like the exams better than coursework even though you normally get higher grades because they are a lot less stressing.French Speaking exam on Friday,I think I have leant my stuff.

All the best and good luck!
Has anyone had a parents evening recently?-I had one on Tuesday and two teachers sad they wish they could have 50 of me.

*shudder*

Romance languages :colonhash:
Original post by Mr.Nor
Yup,either California or Texas =P

Yeah! i looked at ULCA and chicago, but i really have no clue how to apply :s-smilie:
I really can't do Athletics.I'm not really good at any sports except darts and racket ports.

lol, Yeah i like badminton and tennis, but i guess 100m and High jump is only what i excel at, imagine not being good at much sports but then beating the people who train constantly outside of school? yes, i don't win much.

Woahh! spanish is like the best language ever.. and my favorite subject!
Reply 2671
Go watch hot problems by double take.
I might see if I can get put back into German classes, even though I've done the GCSE as of like, 4 weeks from now. The Spanish class, being the one language no one has done before...isn't great. Maybe I could get some free periods to study for a Russian GCSE :awesome:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2673
Original post by MangoFreak
They're not :awesome:

How'd you get into doing A-Level Physics?

Well, I do triple science, and my physics teacher was impressed with around 7 of us, so now we do a-level physics after school Tuesdays and Fridays, and are taking our first exam in January :biggrin:
Original post by ellen_l
Well, I do triple science, and my physics teacher was impressed with around 7 of us, so now we do a-level physics after school Tuesdays and Fridays, and are taking our first exam in January :biggrin:

That's awesome :awesome: I'm trying to get into A Level Maths next year after I finish regular maths in November :smile:
Reply 2675
Original post by MangoFreak
That's awesome :awesome: I'm trying to get into A Level Maths next year after I finish regular maths in November :smile:

Wow, that is exactly what we are doing at my school!
It is really good, I'm so happy I've been given this opportunity(:
Original post by ellen_l
Wow, that is exactly what we are doing at my school!
It is really good, I'm so happy I've been given this opportunity(:

I'm probably just lucky that I moved to a new school and managed to convince the teachers that I was exceptional in the first week or so :colonhash: I doubt my old school would have had any of my **** :awesome: (It actually expected A/A* grades from top set, where here a B is fine - not that there's anything wrong with that :biggrin:)

But if I can finish Maths in Year 11 I can a) focus on Further Maths in college and b) do LATIN :dance:
Yeah! i looked at ULCA and chicago, but i really have no clue how to apply :s-smilie:

lol, Yeah i like badminton and tennis, but i guess 100m and High jump is only what i excel at, imagine not being good at much sports but then beating the people who train constantly outside of school? yes, i don't win much.

Woahh! spanish is like the best language ever.. and my favorite subject!

I did 4 tests in PE 35m sprint,vertical jump test,sit and reach test and the sit up test(I scored 3 poors and 1 below average compared to the rest of the country and the below average was almost poor and I was way off below average on many of them including sit and reach test(3cm) and the sprint test(0.9 seconds).

I also failed my french speaking test I think and one of the reasons i think was that my french teacher asked an unprepared question in the middle of the exam and one at the end-You are meant to ask an unprepared question at the end.
I did 4 tests in PE 35m sprint,vertical jump test,sit and reach test and the sit up test(I scored 3 poors and 1 below average compared to the rest of the country and the below average was almost poor and I was way off below average on many of them including sit and reach test(3cm) and the sprint test(0.9 seconds).

I also failed my french speaking test I think and one of the reasons i think was that my french teacher asked an unprepared question in the middle of the exam and one at the end-You are meant to ask an unprepared question at the end.

That's damn hard, I'm using edexcel exam board and I have to memorize the page full of the answers for 6 questions and there's no surprise questions whatsoever. I've gotten a U from speaking exam and a D from writing; I will be retaking in June
(edited 11 years ago)
That's damn hard, I'm using edexcel exam board and I have to memorize the page full of the answers for 6 questions and there's no surprise questions whatsoever. I've gotten a U from speaking exam and a D from writing; I will be retaking in June

That sounds very unfair:frown: When I did German I was only asked one surprise question at the end as well,with a different teacher and by not answering the question I can't get near one bullet point that says something like "answers all questions and expand on them".

Latest