The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -sunlight-
How many exams do people have left? I've got two next Thursday and Friday :unimpressed:

History, Philosophy and Ethics, and 2 German :awesome:
Aw, good luck! :frown: I've got my History exam next Friday! Do you only have to collect those results in August or have you done others?

I've already done R.S (15th May) and physics (21st May)
Not enjoying the exam period!
Good luck with the History!
Original post by MangoFreak
History, Philosophy and Ethics, and 2 German :awesome:

German? I'd never be able to do German, I only just about manage Spanish -.- Good luck! When's your last exam?
Original post by izpenguin
I've already done R.S (15th May) and physics (21st May)
Not enjoying the exam period!
Good luck with the History!

Thanks :smile:! I did RE on the 15th too - but I've also got to get my Business Studies results and my P1 results :frown:
Too many quotes to add here but am I right in thinking a Btec would be something a student who is not doing so well in their GCSEs would resort to? Please don't hate me for making this assumption - I'm only making it because of what's said on here.

I do Geography A (I think? It could be B), our spec covers tectonic plates, coasts, rocks and scenery, urbanisation and another human geography topic, I think, which I can't remember.

This is a video we looked at - it's not very informative but immensely catchy :smile:

http://www.gatm.org.uk/?p=95
How many exams do people have left? I've got two next Thursday and Friday :unimpressed:

3 left; history, biology and chemistry (In that order)
Original post by Pabblethefish
Too many quotes to add here but am I right in thinking a Btec would be something a student who is not doing so well in their GCSEs would resort to? Please don't hate me for making this assumption - I'm only making it because of what's said on here.

I do Geography A (I think? It could be B), our spec covers tectonic plates, coasts, rocks and scenery, urbanisation and another human geography topic, I think, which I can't remember.

This is a video we looked at - it's not very informative but immensely catchy :smile:

http://www.gatm.org.uk/?p=95

I suppose you could say that - I have a few friends that failed their C1 exams in November and got moved down into the BTEC Science set. However, it doesn't mean you're thick if you do BTECs, because I know there's quite a few subjects which only offer BTEC, not GCSE.
Original post by themancunian

Seems like quite a few people are doing History! When's your History exam? :smile:
Seems like quite a few people are doing History! When's your History exam? :smile:

12th June, next Tuesday! Going to be glad when it's over.
12th June, next Tuesday! Going to be glad when it's over.

I feel the same! My History exam's next Friday, and it's my last one this summer. I already feel tired of exams and I've only done 3 since the 15th of May :frown: Year 11 is going to be torture.
Hi guys i have a biology exam on Tuesday and stop complaining i have to do mine in year 9 :frown: but biology is quite easy apart from hormones :/ can some1 please answer my question I know what hormones are they are chemical messengers which travel in blood to activate target cells, I know FSH and LH are produced by the pituitary glands and oestrogen and progesterone by the ovaries as well as the menstrual cycle. For this exam (Science A core science) do we need to what LH and FSH stand for and do we need to link the the hormones to the menstrual cycle me and my friend came up with conclusion.

Day 1-4 high levels of FSH which make the lining thin
Day 4-14 FSH helps produce oestrogen which makes the lining thicker and helps produce LH which releases the egg.
Day 14-28 LH helps produce progesterone which maintains the lining then the cycle is repeated.

Thanks for reading if i am wrong can you explain this to me, if i am right tell me and i think ill be able to smash the rest of the exam thanks in advance and good luck to the rest of people taking the exam
I just realised that Year 10 has gone by so quickly... It just seems like yesterday when we started Y10; one more year and then the big wide world!
I just realised that Year 10 has gone by so quickly... It just seems like yesterday when we started Y10; one more year and then the big wide world!

*Less than a year! :frown:
I actually have no idea what I'll do with my life if I don't get into sixth form D: ... Best get revising...
I actually have no idea what I'll do with my life if I don't get into sixth form D: ... Best get revising...

Well lucky for you, that won't happen :wink: good luck!
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Well lucky for you, that won't happen :wink: good luck!

Haha, thanks you too! The past 2/3 days have been revision and TSR :wink:

... Perhaps a little bit of Facebook too! :K:
Haha, thanks you too! The past 2/3 days have been revision and TSR :wink:

... Perhaps a little bit of Facebook too! :K:

What exams await? Is one feeling prepared?! :biggrin:

High five.
All I have left now are my Unit 1 science exams next week - how about you? I'm not prepared yet, but I'm going to make sure I will be! :P
All I have left now are my Unit 1 science exams next week - how about you? I'm not prepared yet, but I'm going to make sure I will be! :P

Aah I have them (along with a Maths retake which I'm not too bothered about), I find it quite unsettling how ill prepared I am for it, I've spent the past few weeks getting ready for the Unit 2 exams and in lesson but my teachers have just left me the half term to revise for all these exams. Mad stuff.

Latest