Turn on thread page Beta

am really stuck of what i can do for my physics coursework, basically, we can do whatever we want, just that it has to be about physics... but it cannot be too easy, so anyone, PLEASE give me some ideas... :confused:

THANKS A LOT!!! *hugz*

Cool......Physics...my favourite subject...this is what we've done:

To investigate some of the factors that affect the bending of a beam

In this practical you effectively, just put some load on the beam at certain places and observe the change in depression.

The main factors that u can change are:

*thickness of the beam
    *width of the beam
    *mass or load applied

You can change loads of factors but I would only choose the above, cos they're the easiest. So, effectively, u just get a metre ruler fix it on two supports, one at either end of the beam, and put some load on it, and measure the depression of beam from the horizontal.

Alternatively, you can have one support at only one end of the beam, and have the other end hanging over the edge of a table or something, than put load at this end and measure teh depression.

Easy practical, but gets you all the marks.(provided you do some work lol)

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.