The Student Room Group

Favourite movie quotes ever

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
"This is your life, and its ending one minute at a time."
Reply 61
"Get away from her you BITCH!" -Lt. Ellen Ripley to the Alien Queen in Aliens :biggrin:
Original post by MC armani
YES!

Also, basically the whole Ezekiel apartment scene from Pulp Fiction. The entire scene is a whole load of epicness.

"You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am." - Marlon Brando in On the Waterfront

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning!" Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti." Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs

"Made it, Ma! Top of the world!" James Cagney in White Heat

"Here's Johnny!" Jack Nicholson in The Shining

"You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?" Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry

You sir, have a good taste in films :biggrin:
"They say it has no memory. That's where I want to live the rest of my life. A warm place with no memory."

"I tell you those voices soared, higher and farther than anybody in a grey place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made these walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free."

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."

God, I love The Shawshank Redemption.
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
That Notting Hill one is one of my faves too xD And I'm a boy! bit embarrassing haha xD

Nothing at all embarassing about it, I do have a few more but that was the first one that popped to mind.
Its a classic romcom
Felt abit out of place though, as most people's responses were funny, and I come out with a lovey dovey one :colondollar:
Original post by Boom.Squish
"They say it has no memory. That's where I want to live the rest of my life. A warm place with no memory."

"I tell you those voices soared, higher and farther than anybody in a grey place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made these walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free."

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."

God, I love The Shawshank Redemption.

I love that film soooooo much :biggrin:

"Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane"

"I guess I just miss my friend"
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Little_missy01
Nothing at all embarassing about it, I do have a few more but that was the first one that popped to mind.
Its a classic romcom
Felt abit out of place though, as most people's responses were funny, and I come out with a lovey dovey one :colondollar:

:awesome: Lovey dovey is ok! If it's a cool quote, like the Notting Hill one is :tongue:
Reply 67
Rise and rise again

until lambs become lions
I know it's already been said but:
Reply 69
"Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!"
Reply 70
"It comes in pints?!' Lord of the Rings
Reply 71
Nobody puts Baby in the corner!

I think i love you a little bit! :tongue:
Original post by squiff93
I think i love you a little bit! :tongue:

:love: :colondollar:
Reply 73
I think knives are a good idea, you know, big ****-off shiny knives.
What are your favourite movie quotes of all time, any film, any genre.

"Oh my God Karen, you can't just ask people why they're white" - Mean Girls :tongue:

:laugh:
She doesn't even go here! :biggrin:

Pokemon: The First Movie - Mewtwo Strikes Back

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Original post by BioFurMatPhyStudent
:laugh:
She doesn't even go here! :biggrin:

Pokemon: The First Movie - Mewtwo Strikes Back

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Mean Girls is one of the most quotable films ever!

"Oh my God Danny Davito I love your work!"

"Boo, you whore!"

"We have a new student, from Africa - Welcome!" - "..I'm from Michigan" xD

"Where did you get your wig Janice?" "Your Mums chest hair!"

"You're really pretty " - "Thanks" - "So you agree, you think you're really pretty"
Reply 76
"rip shu" :colone:

lox the movie
Mean Girls is one of the most quotable films ever!

"Oh my God Danny Davito I love your work!"

"Boo, you whore!"

"We have a new student, from Africa - Welcome!" - "..I'm from Michigan" xD

"Where did you get your wig Janice?" "Your Mums chest hair!"

"You're really pretty " - "Thanks" - "So you agree, you think you're really pretty"

:lol: "Four for you Glen Coco, you go Glen Coco!"

"She asked me how to spell orange."

"One time she punched me in the face... It was awesome!"
Original post by bollybolshevik
"Amputate a man's leg and he can still feel it tickling. Tell me, mam, when your little girl is on the slab, where will it tickle you?" - Hannibal Lecter (The Silence of the Lambs)

In fact, pretty much any line from that film...

I ate his liver with fava beans and a nice chianti
"I've had it with these MOTHER ****ing SNAKES on this MOTHER****ing PLANE!" Brownie points to anyone who can figure out where that non-memorable line comes from. . . :wink:

Also, "One does not simply walk into Mordor!"

'and I'll whisper ..."no."'

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with *ME*"

"Do it? Dan, I'm not a Republic Serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago"

All of watchmen, basically.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest