The Student Room Group

Is this friend zone or FZ escapable?

To be as concise as possible:
Back in April met a girl at work, got on really well with her. Saw her again 2-3 weeks later again at work and got her number.
Between April - June I saw her as friend only and we texted back and forth around 5-6 times a day.
Around June - July I started "falling" for her you could say...
Around the same time we met up outside of work, I went round hers on a Saturday night around 10 and stayed till 3am but nothing happened (lack of any initiative on my part!! which I regret)

Anyway, since then I've noticed I'm friend zoned due to heavy texting after we first met and my embarrassing non-performance when I went round hers!

However I have been making myself scarce recently and not replying to her texts or calls immediately and leaving things a few days etc. before I initiate contact.

But I'm not sure whether to try and make an escape from the friend zone here, because recently her texts have been getting flirtier as have mine like "I just want you" and calling me at weird times of night (I didn't answer) and also her leaving Facebook wall posts randomly saying she thinks she's "in love with me".

Yesterday on the phone she said the same I love you line again and then prompted me to say it back (I didn't!!).

What do you guys make of this all? I've screwed up at crucial stages but she's giving some positive looking signs but I need girls perspective primarily please!

Last resort I've thought of is simply coming out and telling her how I feel in an indirect way and see how she reacts......
Reply 1
Arrange one more date with her and make sure you kiss her, see how she reacts

You're right, 5 hours round hers and absolutely nothing?!:lolwut:
Sounds like she told you how she feels and youve done NOTHING, she'll be wondering whether you even like her...
Reply 3
She has said she thinks she's in love with you and you are making yourself scarce? She probably assumes you just want to be friends.

Ask her out and then tell her you like her?
Reply 4
To clarify, the facebook post was worded...omg i think im in love with you. Which I took as a joke at first, but now I'm not so sure.

Then yesterday followed by her saying straight up I love you then asking me to say the same but didn't! :s-smilie:

Another aspect is at work when I see her at the moment she tends to touch me or come closer like if I'm standing near her when she's sitting she leans her head into me... Similarly a female colleague at work watching us chatting commented a few weeks ago that she can see a lot of tension between both of us not just from me but from her...

From the replies so far I'm intending to call her tomorrow, hopefully meet up a few hours after the call and go from there up to and including saying how I feel...a good plan?
Go for it. Tell her how you feel she clearly likes you and those signs are her trying to gauge whether you like get too. At the end of it if she rejects you so what you'll still be friends. Just make sure you do make a move on the date don't give her any indirect crap just go for it.

Let us know how it works out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending