The Student Room Group

Help! I AM MOVING AND I AM SCARED

hello
okay so i am moving to a new different city and unfortunately choose the wrong college as i didn't know which one would suit me best;these are my issue which are stressing me very much out:

1- my teachers are seem very in experienced and fresh out of university (24years). i don't want to seem rude but i don't feel that they will be able to help me especially when i am struggling as i choose chemistry,biology etc.

2- I am very much stressed that i won't fit in as i am moving to a different city and to a new college where everyone knows each other..i don't want to eat my lunch on my own like billy no mates lol. especially after having such a good group of friends.-most of the people that i have met so far seem very cold and uninterested.

I just don't think i will be able to make friends as they are mostly snobby and A star students and may possibly look down on me.I am a very social person but i am not going to push matters if someone isn't interested in talking to me or being my friend..Any advice?
Original post by Anonymous
hello
okay so i am moving to a new different city and unfortunately choose the wrong college as i didn't know which one would suit me best;these are my issue which are stressing me very much out:

1- my teachers are seem very in experienced and fresh out of university (24years). i don't want to seem rude but i don't feel that they will be able to help me especially when i am struggling as i choose chemistry,biology etc.

2- I am very much stressed that i won't fit in as i am moving to a different city and to a new college where everyone knows each other..i don't want to eat my lunch on my own like billy no mates lol. especially after having such a good group of friends.-most of the people that i have met so far seem very cold and uninterested.

I just don't think i will be able to make friends as they are mostly snobby and A star students and may possibly look down on me.I am a very social person but i am not going to push matters if someone isn't interested in talking to me or being my friend..Any advice?

Your forming ideas about the people there b4 giving them a chance. 24 ys old is old enough i think... plus they might still be keen about their subject which will inevitably rub of on you, unlike the old farts who fall into old patterns of teaching
Reply 2
Young teachers aren't always a bad thing, at least their training is current and also they're more likely to be able to relate to your 'troubles' as it wasn't too long ago that they were in that position.....also if all the students are "snobby A* students" then surely it must be a good school which employes good teachers.

Give it chance before you conclude it's a no go....you never know you could get there and love it....and if you don't, hey it's not the end of the world you can always transfer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending