The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine with a foundation year 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by s_aslam
helloo, i got an offer too nd think i might be applying to derby too have u booked ur accomodation yet???

Yep...I called up the halls and they told me that I had to just fill in some paper work and send it in!

I booked Lonsdale halls (I thinks that's how it's spelt).
Reply 741
Original post by Lightingspeed
Is UKCAT a major factor for getting an interview or is it personal statement and references? Thanks

It is a factor that's taken into account and you must have sat the exam before applying.

I think you'll be okay if you got 620 (which is the average)

So long as you don't get 400 or something :smile:

Good luck!
Original post by Mistkidd
It is a factor that's taken into account and you must have sat the exam before applying.

I think you'll be okay if you got 620 (which is the average)

So long as you don't get 400 or something :smile:

Good luck!

Do they consider the ukcat average or individual scores? and also Is personal statement a large factor?
Reply 743
Do they consider the ukcat average or individual scores? and also Is personal statement a large factor?

Now I'm not too sure about that and it's something that they publish on their website or they don't mention at all. When PearsonVue send the results of your UKCAT test to the admissions team, they look at each SECTION individually and compare it to the national average (I'm guessing). Each section should be above the average for that year.They then look at your overall average and compare that to the national average. Just ensure that you get above 600 for each section. The only way to do that is timed practice.

Personal statement is of course a big factor, it will always be a big factor, but if you apply to the foundation course, you'll have to fill in two additional compulsory questionnaires (one online and one sent to you via post) and these carry a lot of weight.

Bottom line:

UKCAT should be over 600, anything higher is of course better.

Personal statement carries a lot of weight but so do the questionnaires.
Is UKCAT a major factor for getting an interview or is it personal statement and references? Thanks

Heyy :smile: I dont know if the ukcat is a major factor (I got 575 :dontknow: which is low!) tho I think you need to do good in every aspect in your application. If you have any questions, dont hesitate to inbox me :smile:.
Original post by Besakt
I'm applying.

Original post by xcoral23
As you have less than 6 A's or above, yes you are eligible to apply :smile:

I must add that you have to forfil the additional entry criteria also

Right, so where is it written that the 6A's candidates are not eligible for this course, and will I still be able to apply with 6A's?
Reply 746
I just read this thread. I feel even more nervous now. Nottingham is the only place I applied for medicine :frown:
Original post by Mistkidd
Heya guys!

I received a conditional offer from Nottingham on the 23rd of March at roughly 17:16! My interview was on the 8th of March....

I'm just wondering, does anyone know how and where to book the accommodation for the foundation year, I know it's a derby and we're gonna be mixed with nursing and health care students as well, just wondering when and how to book it!

KOOLIO and good luck to all of you!

hi, ive applied to the same course for september 2013, i was wondering if you could tell me what your application was like, ie grades and ukcat score and social requiements?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending