?
Report 7 years ago
They're two grades lower to be precise.
JollyGreenAtheist
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
2 of the grades are the same, A is dramatically better than C.
Dumb Economist
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes .... as there may be 100,000 +other students with grades in between.

It always nice to work hard and give full efforts so that there is no room for regrets later. Good luck
NewCrack
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Can't Touch This.)
Just wondering.
Depends on the UMS. you could actually be very close to AAB with BBC grades.
xChrista
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not significantly, but they are quite low. But you can either maintain the 2B's and up the C by 2 grades to an A or maintain 1B and up the other 2 by just 1 grade.
FALCONSFURY
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Much lower, consider this

You have A BB

They have C BB
Tateco
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by FALCONSFURY)
Much lower, consider this

You have [COLOR="Lime"]A [/COLOR] BB

They have [COLOR="Red"]C [/COLOR] BB
Thanks for rearranging the order and colouring them for us all, that's really cleared things up.
Kim-x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
BBC will often be seen as an average set of results, while with an A in the mix it is considered a good/very good set.
tory88
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would say there was a massive gulf. ABB are good grades, if I'm being brutally honest BBC aren't.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by tory88)
I would say there was a massive gulf. ABB are good grades, if I'm being brutally honest BBC aren't.
I think that's quite a narrow minded approach, why do people just look at the grades but never the subjects??

BBC in Physics, Chemistry and Maths are a good set of grades in my opinion, BBC in Media Studies, Art and English Literature aren't.

I also think the scientists/medics have it worse than art students (but that's outweighed by better job prospects). Good universities generally want high grades in the science subjects (which are generally deemed as 'harder' than art A-levels.).

Edit - I'm getting negged for simply stating the truth. I'm sure you neggers are all arts students, continue to live in denial.
kidoo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
HUGELY. If your university offer was ABB and you got BBC then it's almost certain they won't take you on. (Presuming that uni would be a top15~ for having that high entry requirement)

Could get in with ACC or BBB, sounds more likely.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kim-x)
BBC will often be seen as an average set of results, while with an A in the mix it is considered a good/very good set.
I was actually 1UMS mark away from an A in English Lit, so I rightfully should've had ABC. Sucks to be me I guess.
Samus2
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think that's quite a narrow minded approach, why do people just look at the grades but never the subjects??

BBC in Physics, Chemistry and Maths are a good set of grades in my opinion, BBC in Media Studies, Art and English Literature aren't.

I also think the scientists/medics have it worse than art students (but that's outweighed by better job prospects). Good universities generally want high grades in the science subjects (which are generally deemed as 'harder' than art A-levels.).
Art is entirely subjective though. Science/Maths should in theory be easier because you're either right or wrong. That's the trouble with subjects like History/English/Drama/Art.
Rep:
?
(Original post by kidoo)
HUGELY. If your university offer was ABB and you got BBC then it's almost certain they won't take you on. (Presuming that uni would be a top15~ for having that high entry requirement)

Could get in with ACC or BBB, sounds more likely.
Isn't ACC equivalent to BBC?
Wattsy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Why bash Literature? The reading takes over your life and is in the lists of respected degrees of unis that publish them. I do language, now bash that with the passion of 1000 jihadists be honest, it's not very hard.
Samus2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was actually 1UMS mark away from an A in English Lit, so I rightfully should've had ABC. Sucks to be me I guess.
Heh, my results were BCC after being one UMS of ABB last year. Two bad exams and i got pretty screwed over. Ended up with a C in the subject I was one mark off an A in at AS
Rep:
?
(Original post by Samus2)
Art is entirely subjective though. Science/Maths should in theory be easier because you're either right or wrong. That's the trouble with subjects like History/English/Drama/Art.
I can confidently say English was a thousand times easier than Chemistry. Chemistry IS deemed the hardest A-level, am I right?

People tend to fail science A-levels more than arts A-levels. E.g Quite a lot of people in my Chemistry class got Us, Es, Ds. However most people in my English class got Bs and above, even the ones that dossed.
Wookie42
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

uhhh...
Samus2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can confidently say English was a thousand times easier than Chemistry. Chemistry IS deemed the hardest A-level, am I right?

People tend to fail science A-levels more than arts A-levels. E.g Quite a lot of people in my Chemistry class got Us, Es, Ds. However most people in my English class got Bs and above, even the ones that dossed.
Heh it was the complete opposite in my school!
I'm not disputing that. Merely stating that in theory it should be easier because it's right or wrong - there's no margin for examiners not quite understanding the analysis you've given.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (40)
13.56%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (45)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
18.31%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (120)
40.68%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (16)
5.42%
No particular grades needed (20)
6.78%