The Student Room Group

Wuthering Heights Discussion Thread: TSR Book Club

Here is the discussion thread for one of our September choices: Emily Brontë's 'Wuthering Heights'.

Feel free to come and discuss how you are finding it etc whenever you fancy; I'm sure there will be people around to answer any questions/debate any issues you might have :smile:

Could spoiler tags please be used for any plot details until 30th September?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I only re-read this one a week ago so I'm pretty ready to discuss but I'd better wait for more people to buy/borrow/steal and read first :biggrin:
I will say that I did enjoy Wuthering Heights, it was a bit different to books I have read before.

Also need to learn how to do spoiler tags *newbie*:colondollar:
Reply 2
Original post by Obsidian
I only re-read this one a week ago so I'm pretty ready to discuss but I'd better wait for more people to buy/borrow/steal and read first :biggrin:
I will say that I did enjoy Wuthering Heights, it was a bit different to books I have read before.

Also need to learn how to do spoiler tags *newbie*:colondollar:

I only read it about a fortnight ago so me too :grin:
It's [ spoiler ] the text you want to write [ / spoiler ] (without the spaces)
Welcome to TSR!
I've read it recently so for me it's still pretty fresh in my mind, for the moment anyway,
There are few things that could make book club boring, so I'm glad you found another.
Reply 5
Original post by BookWormShanti
I only read it about a fortnight ago so me too :grin:
It's [ spoiler ] the text you want to write [ / spoiler ] (without the spaces)
Welcome to TSR!

Thanks BookWormShanti :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 6
Thanks BookWormShanti :smile:

Spoiler

If anyone bothers to read through all this below you deserve a virtual hug :p:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Subscribing. Something like 100 pages down so far. :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by S_123

Spoiler

YES! I agree so much with you too.

Spoiler

Reply 9
YES! I agree so much with you too.

Spoiler

Yay! :jumphug:

Spoiler

Reply 10
Original post by S_123
Yay! :jumphug:

Spoiler

:biggrin: Thanks :five:
Original post by S_123

Spoiler

Wuthering Heights is one of my favourite books, so if I come across as excessively passionate about it in any way, I apologise :tongue:

Spoiler

I actually first finished reading Wuthering Heights on this day, two years ago (I wrote it down in my diary). I absolutely loved it however, I can understand why some people would hate it. The characters of Catherine and Heathcliff are quite ... unique to say the least :biggrin: I personally think that they are the two most interesting characters out of any of the novels by the Bronte sisters.
Original post by S_123

Spoiler

:smile:

Spoiler

Reply 14
Original post by issyconnor
:smile:

Spoiler

Yes I agree! It's even possible to argue that there is not one likeable character in Wuthering Heights (and I would say there isn't) but each character is fascinating which is what made me love the book :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by S_123
Yes I agree! It's even possible to argue that there is not one likeable character in Wuthering Heights (and I would say there isn't) but each character is fascinating which is what made me love the book :smile:

I would certainly argue to this effect. :yep: Including, as seems to generally be overlooked, the characters of Nelly and Lockwood. I particularly disliked the former.
Reply 16
I have not read this book yet. Will do after my exams. :smile:
Original post by Abiraleft
I would certainly argue to this effect. :yep: Including, as seems to generally be overlooked, the characters of Nelly and Lockwood. I particularly disliked the former.

Nelly pissed me off so much when I read WH; bitch doesn't know her boundaries! (Of course I put this in a more sensible and articulate way in my exam :smile: ).
Reply 18
Original post by Nucleolus
Nelly pissed me off so much when I read WH; bitch doesn't know her boundaries! (Of course I put this in a more sensible and articulate way in my exam :smile: ).

May I just say (completely off-topic) that your signature is rather wonderful :smile:
That is all.

On topic - I didn't find Nelly too bad.... Lockwood was more annoying for me.
May I just say (completely off-topic) that your signature is rather wonderful :smile:
That is all.

On topic - I didn't find Nelly too bad.... Lockwood was more annoying for me.

:biggrin: Anything concerning The Great Gatsby will always be wonderful. You should check out Kate Beaton's site, the Jane Austen ones are very funny :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending