Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im not sure wot to do at all and any advice would be appriciated. ok the options are to either go into nursing which i wud get paid £150 a week by the NHS for training and a guaranteed career at the end. Or im not sure whether to go to uni and do a sports science degree which im more interested in (i think). ive not applied to uni r anything though but i want to go this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    im not sure wot to do at all and any advice would be appriciated. ok the options are to either go into nursing which i wud get paid £150 a week by the NHS for training and a guaranteed career at the end. Or im not sure whether to go to uni and do a sports science degree which im more interested in (i think). ive not applied to uni r anything though but i want to go this year.
    You will probably need to go to university to go into nursing as well. The problem with sports science is unless you want to be a teacher there is not that much things you can do with it. You could become a coach but you don't need a degree for that.

On the otherhand if you're not really interested in nursing it might be idea to go into that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    You will probably need to go to university to go into nursing as well. The problem with sports science is unless you want to be a teacher there is not that much things you can do with it. You could become a coach but you don't need a degree for that.

On the otherhand if you're not really interested in nursing it might be idea to go into that too.
    yea them are my doubts with the sports science but i was thinking of a carrer in sports psychology (if its not too hard to get into i dunno)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    why nursing? medicine is more fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    Do sports science since ur most interested in that.
    IMO, Nursing is pointless, every day nurses are quitting, in the paper today it said that there were 25,000 vacancies for nurses since most of em are quitting due to crap working hrs, resulting in mental health problems such as stress..and its not just the one off..its tens of thousands of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boygenious)
    medicine is too stressful

ReputationRep:
    exactly, have u applied for medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    nursing is as stressful. since the hrs are just as crap. but probably more stressful since the pay is crap too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    nursing isn't too easy either. bedpans, sponge baths, need i go on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    exactly, have u applied for medicine?
    yeh, i've applied for medicine

ReputationRep:
    Do sports science since ur most interested in that.
    IMO, Nursing is pointless, every day nurses are quitting, in the paper today it said that there were 25,000 vacancies for nurses since most of em are quitting due to crap working hrs, resulting in mental health problems such as stress..and its not just the one off..its tens of thousands of them
    thats the way im thinking but its hard to resist the money that comes wiv the training lol. its just that my mum and aunty r nurses and they say its gud and havent quit. there not sporty though

ReputationRep:
    There are more nurses now than ever before despite what Murdock's trah snoozepapers like to manipulate. There is still a huge demand for nurses as well need more. Going into nursing is not pointless its a very rewarding career and rather selfless. Not everything is about money.

Emmz -Is there nothing else you would want to go at uni?

ReputationRep:
    yeh, i've applied for medicine
    me too..where u applied?

ReputationRep:
    me too..where u applied?
    cambridge, imperial, ucl, kings
    and u?

ReputationRep:
    cambridge, imperial, ucl, kings
    and u?
    manchester,leeds,liverpool,kings

any offers?

ReputationRep:
    There are more nurses now than ever before despite what Murdock's trah snoozepapers like to manipulate. There is still a huge demand for nurses as well need more. Going into nursing is not pointless its a very rewarding career and rather selfless. Not everything is about money.

Emmz -Is there nothing else you would want to go at uni?
    i was thinking of doing psychology as im doin it at a level but i dont like the idea of missing out on the sportslife (however it doesnt really lead anywhere) and ive recently heard of the nursing training which sounds gud coz of the money. ive just no idea wot to do lol.

ReputationRep:
    manchester,leeds,liverpool,kings

any offers?
    offers from cambridge and imperial, rejected by kings, haven't heard from ucl. what about u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    i was thinking of doing psychology as im doin it at a level but i dont like the idea of missing out on the sportslife (however it doesnt really lead anywhere) and ive recently heard of the nursing training which sounds gud coz of the money. ive just no idea wot to do lol.
    To be honest you can't go into nursing just for the money because the money isn't that good considering what the job entails.

If you do a none sports thing at university you can still have loads of sports actions. Just join the sporting societies.

ReputationRep:
    offers from cambridge and imperial, rejected by kings, haven't heard from ucl. what about u?
    offer from liverpool, not heard from the others..rejection from kings and offer from cambridge? wtf..

ReputationRep:
    To be honest you can't go into nursing just for the money because the money isn't that good considering what the job entails.

If you do a none sports thing at university you can still have loads of sports actions. Just join the sporting societies.
    thanx for that, i suppose ure right. do u know whether its easy or not to become a sports psychologist or wot it involves. theres not that much info going around on it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.