The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by rural_boy
Thats so rubbish mate, when did the entry requirements change for your course?

I know :mad: ... just over the past few days! I checked a couple of days ago and noticed that they had changed, sent them an email asking why and they replied saying that they're no longer allowed to ask for a 'C' grade in their entry requirements for any degree course! :frown:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by takethyfacehence
Good luck this time! I firmed for 2011 too, and missed it too... but they've given me unconditional for 2012 instead, because they still wanted me, they just didn't have enough room this year. Annoying, but I'm still happy!

Good luck to everyone! I can't wait to be at Manchester :smile:

Ahh that's good! Have you reapplied already then? What are you going to study? And same I can't wait either xD
Original post by Samuelv-37
Ahh that's good! Have you reapplied already then? What are you going to study? And same I can't wait either xD

I didn't reapply, Manchester offered me the deferred year on results day :smile: thank the lord, the application was stressful enough the first time! Gonna study Social Anthropology! Yay for 2 gap years! :tongue:
Reply 83
Original post by pearls
I got 5bs and 3cs at gcse
But I'm predicted AAB
Do I have a chance? I want to study sociology someone please rpely

yea of course you do.
GCSE: A*A*A*A*A*AAAAA and a B in Additional Maths, but thats a FSMQ
AS: AABB (Geography, Maths, Biology Chemistry respectively retaking unit 2 of chemistry next june)
Predictions: AAAA

Any other chemistry applicants? :P I think the entry requirement is AAB for the course I want to do :biggrin:
Hey guys,
I'm looking at applying for Accounting and Finance at Manchester. It will probably be my fifth choice, because the course doesn't seem as good as other Unis(anyone done it and know what it's like?) and the business reputation doesn't seem as good as elsewhere.

My grades at AS Level
Geography - A
Maths - A
English Lit - A
French - B

A-Level Targets
Geography - A*
Maths - A*
English Lit - A

GCSE's 4 A*, 7 A, 1 B
A* (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Geography)
A (English Lit, English Lang, Biology, French, Business Studies, Resistant Materials, RSP)
B (Astronomy, aged 14)

How does it look for me getting accepted, and again, would anyone recommend the course?

btw, I'm also wanting to apply to Leeds, Newcastle, Lancaster and Nottingham. Then I'm trying to decide between Manchester, York or some other's that i'm still unsure about :s-smilie:

Thanks
Reply 86
I'm applying for Pharmacy. :biggrin:
Got CCD. But I'm predicted ABB. My teachers are really determined and know i can achieve this.
I'm on the MAP Programme, and they said they'll lower it to a BBB. Im really happy about that!:smile:I got an E in maths, will that affect my offer, or shall i resit some modules so it can become a C. what do you guys think, please help me on this!I'm also applying to Bradford, UCLAN, Liverpool John Moore, and not sure about the last one!
Wishhhhhhh me luck, i have to work my socks off this year.
Good luck Everyone! :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by Ayah
I'm applying for Pharmacy. :biggrin:
Got CCD. But I'm predicted ABB. My teachers are really determined and know i can achieve this.
I'm on the MAP Programme, and they said they'll lower it to a BBB. Im really happy about that!:smile:I got an E in maths, will that affect my offer, or shall i resit some modules so it can become a C. what do you guys think, please help me on this!I'm also applying to Bradford, UCLAN, Liverpool John Moore, and not sure about the last one!
Wishhhhhhh me luck, i have to work my socks off this year.
Good luck Everyone! :smile:

What's the MAP programme?
Reply 88
Original post by JakeE10
What's the MAP programme?

The MAP programme is fully called The Manchester Access Programme.
It's for students who live in the area of manchester who got to particpating colleges, and you have to apply and go through all these activities. It's a long process but worthwhile, look it up on google for more info :biggrin:
Reply 89
Original post by Ayah
The MAP programme is fully called The Manchester Access Programme.
It's for students who live in the area of manchester who got to particpating colleges, and you have to apply and go through all these activities. It's a long process but worthwhile, look it up on google for more info :biggrin:

ahhh I looked it up last night, and I meet all of the essential criteria and one of the priority criteria (the post code one) but you have to be in lower sixth don't you?

If i'd have knew about it last year I could have applied for it! Really wanna go to manchester too that sucksssssss :/
Reply 90
Applying for pharmacy. Entry requirements: AAB-ABB. School's predicted grades: AAB
Reply 91
Original post by JakeE10
ahhh I looked it up last night, and I meet all of the essential criteria and one of the priority criteria (the post code one) but you have to be in lower sixth don't you?

If i'd have knew about it last year I could have applied for it! Really wanna go to manchester too that sucksssssss :/
]

Ohh im sorry to hear about that. But like if you're re-sitting the whole AS and is doing 3 years in college, you could apply for MAP.
But i guess your in 2nd year now. But hey, work your butt off and im sure
you'll get into Manchester ... Goood Luck! :wink:
Reply 92
I'm applying for Pharmacy this year to Manchester Bradford and UCLAN... I'm doing a 3rd year in college to pull my grades up..

GCSE's - A* AAAAABBBB
AS - ABBB
A2 - BBC in Biology chemistry maths
A2 Predictions this year - A*AAB in RS chemistry biology and maths
Reply 93
I'm applying for philosophy!!!
Reply 94
Predicted AAB in History, Economics and Politics.
Applying for Modern History with Economics [BA] - ABB-BBB
Can someone rate my chances considering I took both subjects, however I am not sure how much economics to include in my personal statement considering everywhere else I am applying for straight history, however this is my preferred course, should I risk it a bit with the others or just include 2 sentences on economics? Plus economics is only 25% of the course.
Reply 95
Added Manchester to my UCAS application, sending off on Monday :biggrin:
Reply 96
Original post by Charlottie93
Wanting to apply for Middle Eastern Languages (Hebrew & Persian) although as you can see from my sig all 5 of my choices are at Manchester.

Hopefully get to re-sit one of my Politics modules and one of my Law modules as I came out with BCCC at As-level and was so close to BBBC (literally a few marks out!)

Good Luck everyone!

can you apply to 2 courses at the same uni?
Reply 97
Anyone going to the open day on Saturday?
Reply 98
Original post by pastalover

yes you can. :smile:
Original post by pastalover

Hey,
I was always told that you could and that there wasn't anything wrong about it (my tutor said we could pick all 5 from the same uni if we wished) however its generally not advised at my new college.

Latest

Trending

Trending