Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We have Torquay...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    , is that Lac Leman? I love Switzerland, can't wait to go back when I can afford it again.
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    Switzerland is SO beautiful (the bit I saw driving through). My brother went for a year and kept raving abotu how amazing it was - and he was right. He said everyone was so nice and friendly and trusting as well - which I'm sure you'll agree with, kildare!

ReputationRep:
    I have two good friends here: one lives in lancashire, the other in yorkshire and they are both trying to convince me that one is better than the other and that I should stay with THEM this summer. Now, which should I go for....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Switzerland is SO beautiful (the bit I saw driving through). My brother went for a year and kept raving abotu how amazing it was - and he was right. He said everyone was so nice and friendly and trusting as well - which I'm sure you'll agree with, kildare!
    I think you'll go along way to find anywhere as visually stunning. The three pictures I posted are all from a small village made up of about 2,000 people (63 nationalites represented though). The people are in the main, very nice too. In the French speaking part at leat

ReputationRep:
    Personally. I prefer the city :P

ReputationRep:
    I have two good friends here: one lives in lancashire, the other in yorkshire and they are both trying to convince me that one is better than the other and that I should stay with THEM this summer. Now, which should I go for....?
    Lancashire. Yorkshire is a dreary place. Lancashire is and always will be the finer of the two counties.

Being serious it depends where they live, if you know I'd give you an honest answer because I know both counties very well.

ReputationRep:
    We have Torquay...
    Never been there. Is it as bigger shithole as Blackpool (Blackpool is dirty, real dirty)

ReputationRep:
    Blackpool is hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    I think you'll go along way to find anywhere as visually stunning. The three pictures I posted are all from a small village made up of about 2,000 people (63 nationalites represented though). The people are in the main, very nice too. In the French speaking part at leat
    Wow, truly international village!

I was staying in the German part, in Adelboden, which is possibly even more gorgeous than the photos Fishpaste has posted. Although for someone from England, living there for 3 months and coming home and being able to see the horizon again is a weird feeling! The mountains just tower up above you; it's stunning. I think I've just attached a picture of the background with some of us on sledges, it's the only pic I've got on this computer, but it gives you some idea.

I found most of the German speakers very friendly, but their language is horrible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    My old geography teacher often said that what the french/italians/Swiss dont class as an area of outstanding natural beauty, it would be the most beautiful place in England lol.

I'd say Alaska and Norway is more beautful than the alp regions though.

ReputationRep:
    Well, Torquay seems to be full of Scottish people and people from Newcastle and Liverpool. Work is generally seasonal so it's a "socially deprived" area. It has a high teen pregnancy rate and there are a lot of heroin users. It is indeed the English Riviera and it's very beautiful and warm. Nice for a holiday, NOT a nice place to live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Blackpool is hell.
    Its one of the biggest shitholes I have ever been to. Was fun when I was little though

ReputationRep:
    I've just attached a picture of the background with some of us on sledges, it's the only pic I've got on this computer, but it gives you some idea.
    Which one is you, Helenia???

ReputationRep:
    Personally. I prefer the city :P

I strongly disagree with that!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Its one of the biggest shitholes I have ever been to. Was fun when I was little though
    I like the fact that it feels like a gigantic death trap, whether you're on the beach or a badly maintained ride.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, truly international village!

I was staying in the German part, in Adelboden, which is possibly even more gorgeous than the photos Fishpaste has posted. Although for someone from England, living there for 3 months and coming home and being able to see the horizon again is a weird feeling! The mountains just tower up above you; it's stunning. I think I've just attached a picture of the background with some of us on sledges, it's the only pic I've got on this computer, but it gives you some idea.

I found most of the German speakers very friendly, but their language is horrible!
    Well the photo's I was posting where taken uniquely from a tiny village to be fair . I think the most beautfiul place I've ever been in was Champery in the Alps. The most stunning view though is definitly along the Vevey to Montreux road when the sun is setting as Lac Leman and the Alps merge to become a single entity. Simply stunning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    I strongly disagree with that!!!!
    You disagree with the photo, or my preference for the city? :P

ReputationRep:
    I like the fact that it feels like a gigantic death trap, whether you're on the beach or a badly maintained ride.
    I prefer to go on the beach you get a nice green glow afterwards

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand being in Cambridge for so long, I feel like I can't breathe. It's so flat - I'm used to seeing views from the top of hill and cliffs. I need to see the coast and I miss: trees, flowers, hedges, styles, bridlepaths, fields, mud, cows, sheep, manure smells (!)

OOooo... I could never live in a place like Cambridge. This is the furthest north I've ever lived and the longest I'd ever been away from the coast before Cambridge was 4 days. I NEED salty air to survive.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.