The Student Room Group

UK Medical School International Applicants Discussion Megathread 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Hey, i am from malaysia too. Just wanna ask if SPM is equivalent to GCSE?
Reply 121
Original post by DLZF

Yes it is and you should include it in your application.
Reply 122
the southampton thread isnt too helpful atm :frown:, does anyone know if they require you to be 18 to start their course?
Original post by apple17
I think intls can come back so they can do 2 years of that residency in their own home country. I am planning to do that

yep planning to do that too!
Reply 124
Anyone have any idea why Oxford took only 3 internationals last year(places for 14) and Cambridge took 22 (places for 22)? Does that mean chances for internationals are MUCH higher at Cambridge?
Reply 125
Original post by terrence 1992
Thanks! I am very lucky and relieved to get a vocation which is related to the healthcare field. The experience is also great! Being able to go home everyday and getting the opportunity to observe doctor's consultations for one and a half years is amazing.

I hope I do well for my BMAT though. In fact, I am very confused about what topics are tested in BMAT. I hope I do get accepted into Imperial.

How about you? Are you already a medical student there?

Nah, I'm in SCS now..
All the best for your BMAT, Kinokuniya sells some prep material if you're looking around lol. I'm not taking the BMAT as I can't take leave for the test that day, so UKCAT unis it is for me.
Reply 126
Are 3A* inferior to 4A* when applying for medicine in cambridge for internationals?
Reply 127
A2, 3A*1A, UKCAT of 720 but IGCSE of 4A* 5A 1B, should I apply to Edinburgh?
Original post by llamelvin
Nah, I'm in SCS now..
All the best for your BMAT, Kinokuniya sells some prep material if you're looking around lol. I'm not taking the BMAT as I can't take leave for the test that day, so UKCAT unis it is for me.

All the best to you too! Thank you very much
Reply 129
Original post by irianjaya
A2, 3A*1A, UKCAT of 720 but IGCSE of 4A* 5A 1B, should I apply to Edinburgh?

I think this would be better asked in the Edinburgh medical school thread, or the where I should apply to thread. It sounds fine to me though. Don't worry so much about the grades but on your personal statement as they usually don't do interviews.
Reply 130
Sorry, it was my friend who used my account!

She has emailed Edinburgh and the reply was she should go ahead with the application. Her concern is in the Edinburgh website, majority of students have a minimum of 6 A* in GCSE and she has only 4 A*. She is still not sure whether to go ahead.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 131
hi i was wondering if i have grades of:

GCSE: 1A* 7A 1C (A in English, Math, Science Double Award)
As: AAAB biology, chemistry, math, economics respectively.
Predicted: AAA
UKCAT: 600 (so gutted)

which two out of Nottingham, Hull York and Leeds and Southampton would I have the best chance in?
Original post by DLZF

Yes, SPM is equivalent to GCSE.
Reply 133
ohhai fellow international applicants~ i'm from singapore and currently freaking the hell out about my UKCAT next week I CAN'T DO IT FAST ENOUGH
Original post by intoruins

ohhai fellow international applicants~ i'm from singapore and currently freaking the hell out about my UKCAT next week I CAN'T DO IT FAST ENOUGH

hello i'm from singapore too :smile: guess you must be in JC2? do you have any resources to help you? just do as fast as you can, don't worry about not completing alright because accuracy > speed :smile:
Reply 135
Original post by Metastasis
hello i'm from singapore too :smile: guess you must be in JC2? do you have any resources to help you? just do as fast as you can, don't worry about not completing alright because accuracy > speed :smile:

Yep I'm from J2 - things are getting crazier and even more hectic urgh. I have the 600Q book and the 750Q book and I've been doing some medify questions but my AR performance is hit and miss which really worries me. Sometimes I feel like i'm just guessing and hoping to strike it lucky instead of actually working out a logical pattern. maybe i'm just dumb like that :frown:
Yep I'm from J2 - things are getting crazier and even more hectic urgh. I have the 600Q book and the 750Q book and I've been doing some medify questions but my AR performance is hit and miss which really worries me. Sometimes I feel like i'm just guessing and hoping to strike it lucky instead of actually working out a logical pattern. maybe i'm just dumb like that :frown:

Don't give up! I didn't finish like half of QR and guessed the last few of AR

By the way, from Singapore too! :smile:

Haha no worries please just take it from me. For the 600Q book I did not get any correct for like the first 20 questions....... but just keep practising and remember all the points stated in the book -- I got 820 in the end HAHA. ALL THE BEST :biggrin:
Original post by runawayxtrain

Original post by runawayxtrain
Don't give up! I didn't finish like half of QR and guessed the last few of AR

By the way, from Singapore too! :smile:

haha what's your ukcat score? :smile:
Reply 139
Original post by Metastasis
Haha no worries please just take it from me. For the 600Q book I did not get any correct for like the first 20 questions....... but just keep practising and remember all the points stated in the book -- I got 820 in the end HAHA. ALL THE BEST :biggrin:

820 holy **** that is awesome i need all the luck i can get to reach 700 :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending