The Student Room Group

Anyone applied through plus med to study medicine in Romania?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Supriyaraisp4
Hey guys, I have applied to Carol Davila Uni as well through PlusMed Students and I'm from the Uk too.. has any one else applied? - it would be great knowing , as the thought of living in Romania, away from home is kinda scary and so knowing people would put my mind at ease. :smile: :smile:

i have also applied through plus med student and im also from the uk... so i have an idea how u feel.
So guys what's happened to the thread? Gone abit quite.. What's happening with the your application now?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 62
hey guys, im from birmingham!
i want to apply to carol davila, but i have no idea how. for next year.
help me please?
Hi

Im in the same predicament :frown:. Im in a dead end uni course ( just finished first year). it was my back up to medicine, where i had a place but then was rejected on grades. Only really been looking to go abroad this last few weeks or so...always been put off by the cost but if i was to stay here and do post grad (which is also competitive)..its probably going to work out the same. I dont know where to start , theres hundreds of agencies no doubt looking out for thier own pockets and how late we are in terms of applying fro 2012 entry. Also how hard is it to get in.........

Ive been looking at unis in romania especially carol devila as it seems pretty decent

someone help us please haha :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by vandersar1
Hi

Im in the same predicament :frown:. Im in a dead end uni course ( just finished first year). it was my back up to medicine, where i had a place but then was rejected on grades. Only really been looking to go abroad this last few weeks or so...always been put off by the cost but if i was to stay here and do post grad (which is also competitive)..its probably going to work out the same. I dont know where to start , theres hundreds of agencies no doubt looking out for thier own pockets and how late we are in terms of applying fro 2012 entry. Also how hard is it to get in.........

Ive been looking at unis in romania especially carol devila as it seems pretty decent

someone help us please haha :smile:

Not too sure but if I were you, apply directly to the school. The agencies are just there to make money, nothing more! What they can do... You can do yourself

Reply 65
ok i wana apply as well is it tooo late ? to apply anyone else still want to apply in romania? which places they thinking of?

How to apply ? and I am not paying any of these agency people to merely submit my application to the uni for a 1000!! or more.

anyone fancy a visit to romania and applying in person or discussing how to apply from uk directly ?????

hehe I hope its not too late to apply!!! :biggrin:
Reply 66
Can anyone tell me how they are funding this? I know it's very cheap, but over the 6 years, and without part-time work, I don't see how you can pay unless you have wealthy parents?

I could probably self-fund the first 2 years (given a year to save up), but after that, I'd struggle.

Also, what background do you come from? I have a 2.1 degree in Business Studies, AABC at A Level (no sciences) and 12 GCSE's A's and B's (BB in Science). Do I meet the entry standards? I've tried emailing several universities but am not getting much back in the way of useful information.

Richard
Reply 67
Original post by richadam
Can anyone tell me how they are funding this? I know it's very cheap, but over the 6 years, and without part-time work, I don't see how you can pay unless you have wealthy parents?

I could probably self-fund the first 2 years (given a year to save up), but after that, I'd struggle.

Also, what background do you come from? I have a 2.1 degree in Business Studies, AABC at A Level (no sciences) and 12 GCSE's A's and B's (BB in Science). Do I meet the entry standards? I've tried emailing several universities but am not getting much back in the way of useful information.

Richard

Think most people have either saved up and then applied. Also taking the general loan from parents I believe.

I think a 1 or 2 banks could help with funding, Co-Op do loans for second degrees if that helps? Not too sure if it's an abroad degree - You might want to follow that up.
Not sure about your A Levels, as it's a pretty intense course (in most forign countries they make the course extra hard). Just make sure you prepare yourself by using some alevel textbooks in Chemistry (not too much Biology though).

Good luck :smile:
does anyone have the contact details for carol davila or ministry of education?..there seems to be nothing online that i can trust. Additionally would you advise applying to the uni first and then ministry or vice versa. There seems to be conflicting views on this. Ive had some stupid quotes for helping out with the application although these were at other universities, which makes me want to do it all myself but i literally dont know where to start especially as you have to notarise certificates, time taken for the ministry to accept it etc. It appears i would have been better of using an agency but most of them are saying deadlines are over etc.
Reply 69
anybody else slightly anxious about doing years 3,4,5 & 6 in romanian? i don't know how well id cope learning romanian and then talking to patients in romanian and on top of that coming back to the uk and doing F1 in english after having experienced 4 years of technical romanian language.... anyone already done that have any advice ?
Reply 70
so no one from uk actually applying then ??????????????
Reply 71
Hey I heard about this today in clearing. Does anyone know of someone pursuing this option? From what I have read it seems credible.
Are you set on romania or is it just anywhere in europe. I have recently got in touch with some people (uk based) who help uk students in bulgaria, precisely pleven medical university. Literally went mad looking up websites and translating them until i heard about these. Really nice people from what ive gathered talking to them.. it does start in february 2013 though so its not instant..ive got a place but im just really at that point where i have to decide for definite whether i want to go abroad aha
Heres the website and theyve got all the details in terms of contact etc
http://www.outreacheducation.co.uk/
Reply 73
Original post by vandersar1
Are you set on romania or is it just anywhere in europe. I have recently got in touch with some people (uk based) who help uk students in bulgaria, precisely pleven medical university. Literally went mad looking up websites and translating them until i heard about these. Really nice people from what ive gathered talking to them.. it does start in february 2013 though so its not instant..ive got a place but im just really at that point where i have to decide for definite whether i want to go abroad aha
Heres the website and theyve got all the details in terms of contact etc
http://www.outreacheducation.co.uk/

Ohh well done on the place :smile: Are you a school leaver? I am considering abroad now but really unsure.

I think I might just do my degree, and try for medicine here in the UK. If that doesn't work out - then try abroad, as I'd rather have something to have as back up plan. All just in case abroad doesn't work out :smile:

Reply 74
Hi I'm interested to study in Romania, but will i be able to come back and do my job in the UK same as many UK based students, IM a UK citizen
Reply 75
hey rizzer007, i am going to study in romania in a few weeks, actually october 15th... i was very unsure at first about this school and whether they will accept me back in the UK. i did ALOT of researching and contacting and i got hold of a student there. he has just recently graduated from carol davila uni, and he says that he is coming back to the UK and working, the degree over in romania is very well known in the UK (and i quote this). so yeah gunna be missing my family but to go study medicine is my dream!!! Hope this helps. anything else you want to know let me know because ill help you guys out as much as possible. :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by baok
hey rizzer007, i am going to study in romania in a few weeks, actually october 15th... i was very unsure at first about this school and whether they will accept me back in the UK. i did ALOT of researching and contacting and i got hold of a student there. he has just recently graduated from carol davila uni, and he says that he is coming back to the UK and working, the degree over in romania is very well known in the UK (and i quote this). so yeah gunna be missing my family but to go study medicine is my dream!!! Hope this helps. anything else you want to know let me know because ill help you guys out as much as possible. :smile:

Oh that's really awesome! Please do let us know how you find the course and everything, I would really like to know! :h:

Good luck with your studies and congrats on getting in! :cool:
I'm heading to Bucharest to study medicine in October. Anyone else going?
Reply 78
Original post by Minnie Mouse :)
I'm heading to Bucharest to study medicine in October. Anyone else going?

did you past the interview and english exam? i heard that if your from the UK and born there you basically have 100% pass rate... is it true?
Original post by baok
did you past the interview and english exam? i heard that if your from the UK and born there you basically have 100% pass rate... is it true?

The English exam isn't until the 3rd of October so I haven't done it yet but I am under the impression that as English is my first language that I will pass it without any problems! Are you considering studying in Bucharest?
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest