Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    yeh
    what happened?!

ReputationRep:
    no, i'm not sure exactly what happened. i was in resus (sp) wiv my grandad, and the guy jus got rushed in, n evry1 was like he's been shot in the head n stuff, he regained consciousness while i was there, it wasn't like a proper massive bullet or nethin (dnt hav a clue what kind of gun) but coz it was his head, it was proper bad.
    probably a bb gun or a paintball gun then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC Hawking IV)
    probably a bb gun or a paintball gun then.
    think it was the metal pellet one :confused:

ReputationRep:
    think it was the metal pellet one :confused:
    bb gun then. but they don't cause bleeding unless fired from like less than 1cm away.

ReputationRep:
    bb gun then. but they don't cause bleeding unless fired from like less than 1cm away.
    i thought it was called an air rifle. lol. it was in the street, so must have been more than 1cm away.

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was called an air rifle. lol. it was in the street, so must have been more than 1cm away.
    yeh air rifles are crazy. but i don't think they can kill someone.

ReputationRep:
    yeh air rifles are crazy. but i don't think they can kill someone.
    he didnt die

ReputationRep:
    he didnt die
    probably because it was an air rifle.

probably because it was an air rifle.
    :confused: ok

ReputationRep:
    I gave blood about a month ago and it was fine. The only time it hurt was when the nurse pushed the needle into the vein, but after that it was plain sailing! Took aaages though, and the machine started having flashing lights that said my 'blood flow' was crap. So he made me clench my fist over and over lol.

But boy did I feel **** the next mornin! Ill be at uni when my 3 months is up, so Ill decide wot I wanna do then, but all you guys should do it! Not being bothered aint an excuse. If everyone said that, then loads people would die. :eek:

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Because we have inadequate testing facilities.
    No, our testing facilities are fine.

The problem is that despite extensive research no one has yet managed to develop an antigen-based test rather than an antibody-based one.

An inadequate test, not inadequate testing facilities.

no, i'm not sure exactly what happened. i was in resus (sp) wiv my grandad, and the guy jus got rushed in, n evry1 was like he's been shot in the head n stuff, he regained consciousness while i was there, it wasn't like a proper massive bullet or nethin (dnt hav a clue what kind of gun) but coz it was his head, it was proper bad.

head wounds always tend to bleed a lot relative to their severity compared to other places on the body.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hopefully going to be giving blood for the first time next Tuesday .
    Just wondering though, how bruised will my arm be? Got a wedding to go to next Saturday and don't really want a disgusting bruise on my arm .

(Original post by Acaila)
    Just wondering though, how bruised will my arm be? Got a wedding to go to next Saturday and don't really want a disgusting bruise on my arm .
    ive been twice and the first time i had a teeny weeny bruise, the second time i had no bruise at all. if you really press on the pad they give you for a while, you have less chances of a bruise.

if it really bothers you though you could always go after the wedding instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    No, our testing facilities are fine.
    No room for improvement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    it will be GIGANTIC

no, i kid. a small thing at worst, nothing at best (although if you get a plaster, teh glue is very strong so it might just stick to your arm)

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    No room for improvement?
    I'm sure there is room for improvement. However they are not insufficient (as you stated), nor are the state of the facilities responsible the false negatives during early stages of infection due to the person not having seroconverted.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.