The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Can you apply to both of the Grosvenor ones? Its says they've all oversibscribed, so you should only apply for one, doesn't it? And if you don't get that, they'll automatically consider you for t'other ones. Am I right or am I speaking total crap?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Vatrass
Which halls do you advice my to chose (self- catering) and not too expensive... which are considered 2 b the best ones? Is there anything I should know before I go to Manchester/England???

And will i have to pay anykind of deposit after I chose the hall...?

I really will be very greatful for ANYKIND of help/advice...

heya, not sure about the deadline ull have 2 ring and ask...in my (probably biased) opinion, oak house are best cheapish, self-catered halls. ive had an amazing year there this year, u can ask to live in mixed or single sex, 2 bathrooms between 8 people, internet connection, really big lounge/kitchen...and all for a mere £50 a week! also in fallowfield which is the best area 2 live in...u will have 2 pay a deposit think its something like £150...hope i helped!
Reply 42
I'm going to post my accomodation form off today. I've put down these places:
Bowden Court
Whitworth Park
Oak House.

Did anyone else have real problems with q 29, the personal statement style question? I had no idea what to write.
Tev
I'm going to post my accomodation form off today. I've put down these places:
Bowden Court
Whitworth Park
Oak House.

Did anyone else have real problems with q 29, the personal statement style question? I had no idea what to write.
i didnt really care and just wrote a load of random stuff for it. I think the accomodation will be more 1st come 1st rather than a selective thing
Reply 44
Yeah, but I think they use that to decide who to put you into the flats with, grouping people with similar interests? I assume its that. When I went for my interview, the girlie said how she said how she spoke spanish and french, so she got put with a spanish girl and a french girl.
I guess I'm just gonna get put with random people :biggrin:
Reply 45
I've accepted a place at Manc for Architecture. Its a brilliant city and possibly one of the best student communities in Europe, its certainly the biggest. I am taking a gap year first but unsure at the moment on which halls to apply for - self catering = more freedom, eat what you want or catered = good food on a regular basis? Dalton Ellis and Hulme are my favoutrites at the moment. Does anyone know what Victoria Park is like?
Reply 46
undefined Hi, i've just got an unconditional offer from man uni, to start my nursing degree in sept 04, i've applied for fallowfield accommodation, wolton hall, richmond park, and sheavyn house, i dont really know if these are any good, although i went to have a look round on their open day and these are the ones i liked the best, i'm taking my car to uni with me too, so i had to apply to ones with car parking spaces, everyone thinks am mad taking my car but i'm going to be doing my pacements at whythenshawe hospital sth manchester, and i'm not really sure if there is much public transport from the city centre well fallowfield area to whythenshawe hospital, i thought i wud be best to just take my car, as then i can get home aswell, if anyone has any information about the public transport from the city to whythenshawe hospital please let me know, god i've gone on abit here and haven't really sad much sorry to those people who read it, its my first post :rolleyes: :cool:
Reply 47
I've accepted a conditional offer(AAB) to study English and American Literature.Haven't really looked into the accomodation that much..I think I'll probably end up applying to Dalton-Ellis and Woolten
Reply 48
Tednol
I'm a current student, and will happily give my opinion of the various UMIST/UoM halls if anyone wants a student's eye perspective.

Hi! I'm coming to manchester for accounting & finance n i'm still deciding which hall to choose..
I'm looking for an en-suite room, self-catered and where i'll have the max of fun. Something which is a walking distance from the uni.. :smile:

Any idea? :confused:
Reply 49
I'll be going to Manchester in sept to do microbiology.

I chose St anselms, Woolton and Owens Park for my accommodation - in that order.

I appear to be the only person to have chosen the all male hall has my first choice. It looked really good on the open day ... anybody know much about it????
fully
I'll be going to Manchester in sept to do microbiology.

I chose St anselms, Woolton and Owens Park for my accommodation - in that order.

I appear to be the only person to have chosen the all male hall has my first choice. It looked really good on the open day ... anybody know much about it????

i put it down as my third, it sounded good in the prospectus but i dont know anything about it than what i have read there and on the website

Latest

Trending

Trending