The Student Room Group

Big 4 Corporate Finance

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nissay
false. i'm a few weeks in with CF and they do quite a bit of modelling - same amount of crunching as banks in fact but with a different client base/size.

You're a 'few weeks in'. I'm just rehashing what I've gathered from 2nd and 3 years working in TAS/CF at Big 4 firms...
Reply 81
Original post by Jaz Hands
yeh but I didnt want to go for advisory as it involved travelling, do you know how much travelling is actually involved in CF? To be honest, just thought of tax as it was 9-5 and office based lol

If you want a 9-5 then reconsider a career in FO investment banking. The 9-5 of IB is 7-7 mon-sunday usually. Perhaps a bit less on weekends and when deals are closing - go home for a shower and shave then come straight back in.
Anyone else get the message that Deloitte are not hiring in CF Advisory in London? They called to transfer my app to another location or another business stream, after I'd passed the etray and was meant to have a 1st round interview.

thoughts?
Reply 83
Really? Unlucky about the CF, but I guess if you're that desperate you can transfer into it after you finish your grad scheme with enough perseverance.
Reply 84
Original post by The Banker
If you want a 9-5 then reconsider a career in FO investment banking. The 9-5 of IB is 7-7 mon-sunday usually. Perhaps a bit less on weekends and when deals are closing - go home for a shower and shave then come straight back in.

lol right now, i want a 9-5 job but later in the future I want to go into IB and I know the hours in IB are long and the work is stressful
Reply 85
Original post by Resistance_Futile
Anyone else get the message that Deloitte are not hiring in CF Advisory in London? They called to transfer my app to another location or another business stream, after I'd passed the etray and was meant to have a 1st round interview.

thoughts?

Really? I was just looking around and You cannot apply to neither KPMG's London office nor E&Y's London office for CF.. Is places already full or they have just cut the intake this year?
Reply 86
Places are full for EY. They were full for CF summer internships within 3 weeks of opening, i.e. end of August.
Reply 87
Original post by crustz
Places are full for EY. They were full for CF summer internships within 3 weeks of opening, i.e. end of August.

whatta about KPMG London?
Reply 88
Original post by khaddi
whatta about KPMG London?

Not sure mate. From knowledge on here, CF is an extremely limited division with a small amount of spaces. KPMG is the biggest out of the 4 in Corp Finance, so they might still be open.
Reply 89
Original post by crustz
Not sure mate. From knowledge on here, CF is an extremely limited division with a small amount of spaces. KPMG is the biggest out of the 4 in Corp Finance, so they might still be open.

I meant that it is not open for now.. Only other offices.
Reply 90
I don't think EY was ever open. I've been looking every few days since August and it's never been an option. The day it transferred from 'Apply for 2011' to 'Apply for 2012' it wasn't open either. Why would EY be the first to be filled anyway when they are the worst out of the Big 4 for CF? I just don't think they were hiring.

Not sure what's happening with KPMG, I have a phone interview for T&R tomorrow.
Reply 91
Original post by stanmoor
I don't think EY was ever open. I've been looking every few days since August and it's never been an option. The day it transferred from 'Apply for 2011' to 'Apply for 2012' it wasn't open either. Why would EY be the first to be filled anyway when they are the worst out of the Big 4 for CF? I just don't think they were hiring.

I have an offer for next summer from them. The majority of people that also got offers that I know of were either fast tracked from Insight Days or the Leadership Academy - and even then, they were full before they had processed all of the fast tracks.
Reply 92
Original post by crustz
I have an offer for next summer from them. The majority of people that also got offers that I know of were either fast tracked from Insight Days or the Leadership Academy - and even then, they were full before they had processed all of the fast tracks.

Yeah I got an email asking if I wanted to attend an assessment centre for a job in CF at E&Y because I am "Insight day Alumni".
Reply 93
I actually meant for the grad scheme - didn't actually look at the intern bit so can't say if it was the same or not.
Reply 94
Original post by stanmoor

Wow really.. I see KPMG T&R as my dream job... But wanna work in London though and not somewhere else..
Reply 95
Original post by Sir KBS
Yeah I got an email asking if I wanted to attend an assessment centre for a job in CF at E&Y because I am "Insight day Alumni".

Congrats, is it for a uni internship, or similar? I thought you're still in yr 13?

Should get around to applying for these insight days.
Reply 96
Original post by twig
Congrats, is it for a uni internship, or similar? I thought you're still in yr 13?

Should get around to applying for these insight days.

No its for a full time job instead of Uni so not considering it. Great oppurtunity nevertheless. No harm in meeting the CF team before meeting the assesment centre though.
Reply 97
Original post by Sir KBS

wow so you got offered AC after attending Insight Day?? I am going on an Insight Day for PwC, someone said that it doesnt really affect your chances of getting a grad scheme....:frown:
Reply 98
Original post by crustz

what, they got offered a grad scheme after attending insight days??
Reply 99
Original post by Jaz Hands
what, they got offered a grad scheme after attending insight days??

If you attend an insight day( at E&Y only) you get skip the first step of the recruitment process for whatever role you apply for in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending