Sports Dissertation Ideas Watch

mad_about_alice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi

I'm a Sports Management student going into my 3rd year. Other than knowing I want to write my dissertation on sport rather than management I'm a bit stuck!

If anyone has any ideas for a subject - however general or specific- I'd be grateful to hear them!

Thanks!
dylantombides
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mad_about_alice)
Hi

I'm a Sports Management student going into my 3rd year. Other than knowing I want to write my dissertation on sport rather than management I'm a bit stuck!

If anyone has any ideas for a subject - however general or specific- I'd be grateful to hear them!

Thanks!
What sports management like and where are you studying it? I'm interested in doing it next year. Sorry it doesn't answer your question.
py0alb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well, what sports are you interested in?

Off the top of my head:

you could question whether the UCCE's are good value for money and investigate the number of professional players that are produced by those universities now in comparison to other universities and to the previous system.

Or you could ask why English domestic rugby union insists on having its most important events (cup finals, end of season and playoffs) at the exact same time that the sports media is too busy covering the end of the football season to notice.

Or you could ask why Olympic basketball and ice hockey have a high profile whereas Olympic football (soccer) doesn't.

Or why one ubiquitous UK pub sport - darts - is a huge tv success story, but another one - 8 ball pool - remains virtually unwatched.
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How the (paying) public are becoming increasingly detached from the world professional footballers operate in?

you can talk about the different social and economic worlds footballers live/operate in, compared to the everyday Joe...

big houses, loads of expensive cars, loads of holidays, loads of money...obscene amounts of money to some people.

and compare this to the struggles of the large majority, struggling to pay rent, their mortgage, their electricity bills etc...and how this has impacted upon or will continue to impact upon the public being able to afford or being willing to (continue to ) pay big sums of money to watch these arguably overpaid stars??
Especially given the current economic climate, with people perhaps being stricter with their expenditure and wanting greater value for their money, perhaps looking elsewhere to spend their hard earned cash...???
mad_about_alice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by dylantombides)
What sports management like and where are you studying it? I'm interested in doing it next year. Sorry it doesn't answer your question.
Hey!

I'm studying at University College Birmingham (ucb.ac.uk). The course is a mixture of business management style modules such as human resource management, finance for managers and research and information analysis; and also sports subjects like coaching, nutrition or sports psychology and sport and society.

Hope this helps!

Also thanks for everyone's ideas!

x
Cbullers92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm going into my final year at leeds met and I'm studying sports events management, trying to find a suitable question which relates to rugby or even rugby in mega events is proving to be difficult, as the main modules I'm interested in is sponsorship and corporate hospitality and also international sport events, I have tried to find some possible questions which relate to these but I'm finding it hard!

Just wondering if you have any ideas or inspiration for me

thanks x
dior86
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hello...
I'm master student and now I will to writing my dissertation in sport management with information technology .. any one have info about this topic .. pleas .... I need to help..
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (142)
18.83%
Labour (322)
42.71%
Liberal Democrats (153)
20.29%
Green Party (41)
5.44%
Brexit Party (21)
2.79%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.27%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.8%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)