The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Hey heyy! I'm a fresher for the course BSc Business Economics.
I heard fresher's start on the 1st, but whats the best day to start moving in? And is there anything going on before the 1st?
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 621
Original post by Naiomi
I heard fresher's start on the 1st, but whats the best day to start moving in? And is there anything going on before the 1st?

Hi, we move in on 30th September and there's a fresher's welcome party on that day too :smile:
Original post by Naiomi

Hey. Doing BSc economics here. Identical first year so might see you in lectures. Can I ask what made you choose business economics over similar courses?
Reply 623
Original post by ...mo...
Hey. Doing BSc economics here. Identical first year so might see you in lectures. Can I ask what made you choose business economics over similar courses?

Doing Management & Economics, is there an overlap with just usual Economics?
Original post by GGecko

I'm not sure. Might want to check online, but am sure that we both have topics in macro and microeconomics.
Original post by GGecko

I'm not sure. Might want to check online, but am sure that we both have topics in macro and microeconomics.

btw, what grades did you get in with?
For those looking to buy an Arriva Bus Pass:

https://m-ticket.arriva.co.uk/csp/arrivanat/dt.interface.shop.cls

This discount code is valid for the time being, it'll take off £35 so I'd say it's worth getting: 82275117

Hope it helps!
DEAR FELLOW LEICESTER FIRMERS

when do we get to see our timetables. Will they be on the blackboard online or when we get there
Thanks in advance
Reply 628
Original post by ...mo...
DEAR FELLOW LEICESTER FIRMERS

when do we get to see our timetables. Will they be on the blackboard online or when we get there
Thanks in advance

How do you get access to the blackboard, just registered.
Reply 629
hey, has anyone received a welcome pack at all yet? I still haven't! Quite concerned haha
Reply 630
Original post by bluenose
hey, has anyone received a welcome pack at all yet? I still haven't! Quite concerned haha

I haven't :biggrin: So don't be concerned :smile:
Reply 631
Original post by GGecko

https://blackboard.le.ac.uk/webapps/portal/frameset.jsp

just login there.
Original post by GGecko

After registering, you should have received a university e-mail address. After 24 hours your account should have registered, use the initials and the number part eg 'XY123' as your username and log onto blackboard. Typing 'Leicester blackboard' into google should direct you to the site.

Original post by bluenose

I received my course pack but nothing about freshers either.
Does leicester have a 2013 applicants stalking page wiki?? :smile:
applied for geology with palaeobiology Bsc. My ucas got sent at the start of the new year and im awaiting a reply. You reckon places are competitive for that subject?
Reply 635
I don't think they're too competitive. I mean compared to something such as Economics there's virtually no competition. I'm applying for Geology Bsc and I have an offer of ABB, does anyone know the likelyhood of getting in with AAC? Or ABC if I mess up these exams :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending