The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

What do we need to bring when we register?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me a definitive list of any documents and things we need to bring when we register in Freshers?

Thanks,
Freya
Reply 1
I am taking as much ID as I can, they mention it all in the small welcome booklet that they should have posted out to you. They recommend taking some passport photos just incase you need them. I am taking my confirmation letter, ID and passport photos.

Hopes this helps,
Sammie
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Sammie91
I am taking as much ID as I can, they mention it all in the small welcome booklet that they should have posted out to you. They recommend taking some passport photos just incase you need them. I am taking my confirmation letter, ID and passport photos.

Hopes this helps,
Sammie

If this applies to you/
Also bring the letter from Student Finance England saying that you will be paid tuition fees by them.
Confirmation letter, passport photo or be prepared to be in a long queue to have it taken, ID obviously and your student finance letters if you have them. The only one you really need is the one with the bar code on that specifies that the university is getting their money but take all you have just to be on the safe side.
Reply 4
Do we need actual passport photos or would digital copies be ok? I actually uploaded my passport photo on the accommodation website thing after receiving their e-mail, so I'm guessing that I'll have my student card ready to collect?
Reply 5
Original post by The_Rev
Do we need actual passport photos or would digital copies be ok? I actually uploaded my passport photo on the accommodation website thing after receiving their e-mail, so I'm guessing that I'll have my student card ready to collect?

I will have both printed and digital photographs..better safe than sorry:smile:
Reply 6
You don't actually need passport photos, Last year they just used their webcams which I assume will be the same.

If you're vane I'd recommend not going out the night before registering, I look like a serial killer on mine.

Quick Reply

Latest