The Student Room Group

Cardiff Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by doctor92
One more question guys:colondollar: which accommodation did you apply for? My first choice is Allensbank thinking that it would be near the medical school.. but some people say that the medical school is moved from the heath campus :s-smilie: I'm so confused.

Should've gone with Taly. 95% of lectures are at the main university campus.
Reply 841
Where is the biosci building, where you have most of the lectures? not at heath park?
Reply 842
Would university hall be a good residence for medical student? Would medics live there usually?
Reply 843
Original post by george08
Where is the biosci building, where you have most of the lectures? not at heath park?

Right opposite the SU. Most year 1 lectures are in Biosi.

Would university hall be a good residence for medical student? Would medics live there usually?

Uni Halls isn't good for any student. It's so far from anywhere they put on a free bus.
Talybont is probably best or Senghenydd.
Reply 844
What has University Hall got going for it?
Reply 845
Original post by 5cantej
What has University Hall got going for it?

Free transport to and from uni. But that's only because it's miles away.
Reply 846
Original post by Elwyn
Should've gone with Taly. 95% of lectures are at the main university campus.

Well Talybont north and south are my 2nd and 3rd choices.. I wish I had asked that question before I applied..
Reply 847
Original post by Veem
We rarely use the heath in first year, we're in bio sci all the time. So it's probably best you look into getting moved or your going to have a really long walk everyday

Can I change it now or is it too late ohh god:s-smilie:
Reply 848
Original post by doctor92
Can I change it now or is it too late ohh god:s-smilie:

best ringing up to check, but I honestly have no idea :smile:
Reply 849
When applying for accomodation, do they say that medical students can only apply to certain residences?
Reply 850
Also, how is Gordon hall like? Is it really loud? Do medical students normally live there?
Reply 851
When applying for accomodation, do they say that medical students can only apply to certain residences?

Nope.

Also, how is Gordon hall like? Is it really loud? Do medical students normally live there?

Don't think I've even heard of it. If you're worrying about filling in the whole list, don't stress over it. You're not going to get anything lower down than your top 3 choices most probably if you're applying soon. So worry about your top 5 and stick anything down for the rest, that's what I did. I had my second choice.
Anybody know what the contact time per week is on the course? Is it 9-5 lectures? I'm struggling to choose between Cardiff and Manchester.
Reply 853
Original post by MyJunkIsYou
Anybody know what the contact time per week is on the course? Is it 9-5 lectures? I'm struggling to choose between Cardiff and Manchester.

Only in first year so can't comment on anything further in the course.

First year is I'd say an average of 4 or 5 lectures a day, each an hour long. However until January you'll be doing dissection 9-5 twice a week. There'll be a tutorial or practical every week too which can be one hour or a few hours.

All things considered I'd say we don't have that full a timetable.
Reply 854
Anyone know the fees for the 5 year course? Are any years paid for by the NHS?
Reply 855
Has anyone applied or is planning on applying to aberdare hall? It is so close to the biosciences building.
Reply 856
Has anyone applied or is planning on applying to aberdare hall? It is so close to the biosciences building.

Are you male? Sorry I only ask because of the name George. Aberdare Hall is female only you see.
Reply 857
Wondering if anyone can tell me about the sort of term times at Cardiff for medics, how long do first years get for christmas/ easter? thanks :smile:
Ooh also, freshers as a medic... whats that like??
Reply 858
Heyy! apparently we can just go to the sims website and then we can change our accommodation choices by clicking 'view' and then 'update' :smile:

Seems like Colum hall Talybont Court and Senghennydd are the closest..

What do you think about Colum hall? It seems nice from the pics.
Reply 859
Original post by 5cantej
Anyone know the fees for the 5 year course? Are any years paid for by the NHS?

You pay for the years, £9000 a year (cheaper if you're welsh) but get grants from NHS for the last year, and possibly any time after that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending