The Student Room Group

What is wrong with sleeping nude?

I was once out shopping with friends when we saw a set of pyjamas; they mentioned that they would suit me, but after a conversation where I tried to divert the topic, they got it out of me that I would have no use of the pyjamas because I prefer to sleep sans clothing.

Now, they seem to forever be trying to get me to wear clothes in bed - buying me pyjamas and nightdresses as presents, etc! I don't really understand it; it's not like they sleep in the same bed, room or even house as me ... so why does it matter what I wear, or don't wear?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by TheSownRose
I was once out shopping with friends when we saw a set of pyjamas; they mentioned that they would suit me, but after a conversation where I tried to divert the topic, they got it out of me that I would have no use of the pyjamas because I prefer to sleep sans clothing.

Now, they seem to forever be trying to get me to wear clothes in bed - buying me pyjamas and nightdresses as presents, etc! I don't really understand it; it's not like they sleep in the same bed, room or even house as me ... so why does it matter what I wear, or don't wear?

Nothing's wrong with it, if anything, they're the weird ones. :tongue:

I love sleeping nude, so much more comfortable! :sexface:
Reply 2
I never sleep in clothes. I find the freedom of sleeping naked is much more relaxing. I suppose it's down to personal preference.
Reply 3
... Your friends have issues.

I personally wear pyjamas as I am a cold person, but hey, you can wear whatever the hell you want in bed.

I know one person at my drama group had to borrow some pyjamas from me as she was required to wear them on stage but she slept nude so had none.
Reply 4

It doesn't matter, I think it's a little strange of these people to care so much. I personally don't sleep nude, but that's because my family don't have a sense of privacy and casually walk into my room to steal my stuff or to annoy me when I'm sleeping.

But if one of my friends told me she slept nude I wouldn't care, I also don't understand where they're coming from, unless they are really prudish and don't like the idea of people sleeping naked? :confused:
Reply 5
I usually sleep only in Boxers (sometimes with a shirt, depends on weather), or I sleep naked. It's great :sexface:
Reply 6
I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all! Personally I sleep in pyjamas/nighties when I'm cold, or a tee/vest and undies, but sometimes sleeping naked is just way more comfortable. Especially when you've gone for a night on and come home and just throw everything off and crawl into bed, aha.
Nothing. I don't do it myself but see nothing wrong with anyone else doing it.
Reply 8
I have to wear boxers when I sleep. Prickly pubic hair against your **** can be annoying.
Just boxers here, pj's are too sweaty. Don't often sleep in the nudisms though
Big t-shirt or naked. It's more comfy.

Do any of them have significant others? When boyfriend is over we always sleep naked, it would be weird to get up and put pyjamas on.
Depends on your body temp...I love my electric blanket in the winter :drool:
The main problem is if a spider comes and crawls up your bum hole
Reply 13
I wear my pj's and if I ever fall asleep with clothes I wake up in the middle of the night to put my pj's on. I love them too much.

Your friends need something to do with their money and time
Reply 14
Ill throw on a pair of boxers and maybe a vest if I have company of some kind (eg at parties). But I havn't worn pjs since primary school.

:s-smilie:
Reply 16
I've considered it... However family members tend to casually stroll into my room when I'm having a lie in or walk around the verandah outside my room so.. awkward D:
Original post by mrdoovde1
The main problem is if a spider comes and crawls up your bum hole

:rofl2: Made me day.

I personally sleep nude when I'm at uni, but when I'm home I feel the need to put clothes on because my family have issues with privacy and often burst into my room for no ****ing reason :sigh:

Sleeping nude is amazing in the summer, though :coma: When it's cold, I just put extra blankets on top.
Reply 18
I use a vest and boxers, and when it's warm I just use boxers, I can't sleep nude, otherwise I would have to clean the bed all the time.
Its up to you not them !! seriously just tell them to get lost :P
i personally prefer to sleep with pj's i feel cold and i dont like the feeling of being fully nude plus i share my room with my sister so i dont want her to see me fully naked and dad usually wakes me up in the morning lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending