The Student Room Group

Keele Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SylveeDiggs
Was just about to say I accidently wrote HYMS's requirements instead :tongue:

Haha thank god, I thought I was going to get an instant rejection for a second, had to recheck Keele's entry requirements to make sure.
Reply 81
Original post by Normandy114
Haha thank god, I thought I was going to get an instant rejection for a second, had to recheck Keele's entry requirements to make sure.

Lool oops :tongue:
People have said that keele is not a good medical school but hey-ho, I'm putting it down as my 4th choice, last minute decision :colondollar:
Reply 83
Original post by This Honest
People have said that keele is not a good medical school but hey-ho, I'm putting it down as my 4th choice, last minute decision :colondollar:

I can't see anything bad about it...it has to be good anyway, if not the GMC would close it down :wink:

:biggrin:
Original post by Joseppea
I can't see anything bad about it...it has to be good anyway, if not the GMC would close it down :wink:

:biggrin:

Exactly what I said, then I got negged for it :lol:
Reply 85
Sent off UCAS pplication today ahhhhh :eek:
Reply 86

Original post by Iaso
Anybody got a confirmation email back from Keele? I've recieved them from UEA and Leicester, but not Keele (or Nottingham).

I've not heard anything from Keele and Nottingham either :smile:
Reply 87
i'm possibly applying for the a100 as a graduate..

does anyone know specifically what they mean by: "Allowances will be made for graduates whose A-level grades do not meet the usual criteria."?

=/
Original post by metachic
i'm possibly applying for the a100 as a graduate..

does anyone know specifically what they mean by: "Allowances will be made for graduates whose A-level grades do not meet the usual criteria."?

=/

I imagine if you don't have the right predictions you'll be automatically rejected.

Anyone know what dates they'll start interviewing?
Reply 89
Original post by georgiagray93
I imagine if you don't have the right predictions you'll be automatically rejected.

Anyone know what dates they'll start interviewing?

They interview in November, December and February :smile:.
I'll be applying there as well.
Didn't really do well in the UKCAT so I hope I've got better chances there.
On the other hand getting in with the German Abitur won't be easy... :frown:
Reply 91
Original post by metachic

Quite probably that if you're a graduate you don't need to have AAA at A-level.
Reply 92
Original post by Passepartout
I'll be applying there as well.
Didn't really do well in the UKCAT so I hope I've got better chances there.
On the other hand getting in with the German Abitur won't be easy... :frown:

The what?

Anyone received anything off Keele yet?
Original post by SamHey789
The what?

Nothing yet, so far it's one offer (5th choice), one acknowledgement and nothing from the other three.
Reply 94
Original post by SamHey789
The what?

Nope :confused:

Got 3 acknowledgements and a back-up offer but nothing from Keele yet...
Reply 95
Acknowledgements are pretty irrelevant. I'm not even sure the medical school even sends them out. In my application round I'd had my interview and about a month later received a general university acknowledgement. I wouldn't worry if you haven't yet heard anything. The deadline was yesterday!
Reply 96
did anyone else attend the open day on the 15th on saturday, hopeful medics?
Reply 97
Original post by Joseppea
Nope :confused:

Got 3 acknowledgements and a back-up offer but nothing from Keele yet...

you have an offer already??
Original post by .eXe
you have an offer already??

I do as well for biochemistry, we both got offers from UEA; I think they're just very quick with decisions.
Reply 99
I want to hear something from Keele, i'm kinda upset people are putting Keele down at the end as a safety, Keele is my first choice!

Quick Reply

Latest